Need Fishing or Dire Maul 300 cooking

#0 - Dec. 6, 2007, 1:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Seriously Blizzard, you had to make it a pain in the ass for cooking to 300? I have to level my fishing skill up or get a group and go to dire Maul TO LEVEL MY COOKING??

WTF? Why make something like this a pain in the ass... Just trying to piss people off?
#17 - Dec. 7, 2007, 7:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It was not intended to require Fishing skill to level Cooking. We plan to implement some new recipes in a future patch to remove any of these gaps. In the mean time if you have any friends with the right level of Fishing, hopefully they can help you out.
#23 - Dec. 7, 2007, 8:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Quite true! However, with the cooking dailies, if you pick barrels of fish, you can get the fish for Fisherman's Feast and Hot Buttered Trout pretty regularly. Took me about a week to get 370-375 once they implemented that (was stuck at 370 forever).

While it'd be nice to see all the gaps closed, I think the biggest hurdle is the 275+ one. We cooks appreciate the attention to our meager little secondary profession. 8)

The cooking daily quests have helped a bunch of my guildmates level up very quickly. You can also ask for extra materials from guildmates who finish the quest and don't need anymore skill points to make it go faster. :)
#25 - Dec. 7, 2007, 9:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Bornakk, are you on drugs or what?

Does Fishing has ANY utility at all if you don't get Cooking? Fishing SHOULD be a requirement to level cooking, as in you need mining for blacksmith/JC and so on.

Fishing is already easy as hell to level. Just don't fish for skillups.

Please leave any drugs comments out of here.

Lots of creatures in the world drop materials for Cooking so if you don't want to level Fishing we want you to level your Cooking all the way to 375.

If you want to level Fishing you end up with a lot of excess materials and leveling your Cooking will be very easy, but we don't want to make it feel like a requirement.
#28 - Dec. 7, 2007, 9:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hot fix cooking please so non-fisherpeople quit complaining about how hard fishing is to level. Soon they will start enjoying it and even more will help me fish 1 pool. Also, why are the +75 and +100 lures priced the same? I understood it when the +100 were 5 minute lures but since they're 10 min. now why are they priced the same?

The new recipes will be added in a future content patch, they can't be hotfixed.

The Aquadynamic lures are limited in quantity, if you are lucky enough to find one the price isn't anymore than the Baubles. I'll see about making them more expensive though...