Fishing Disappointment

#0 - Feb. 1, 2008, 4:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've gotten lots of cool things from fishing in Steam Pump Flotsam in Serpent Lake, Zangarmarsh. At least 3 Goldenscale Vendorfish, lots of engineering supplies, smoke flares... the other day I even found a journal that taught me "Find Fish" on the minimap, which was totally awesome.

Yesterday, I came across this thing.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34469

Needless to say, I was really excited. I recognized the quest return as a gnome that I got my mote extractor training from. I thought that turning in this engineering part from the steam pumps would teach me something totally cool, and exclusive to only engineering fishermen.

The real rewards? I got 9g and a pat on the back. Kind of disappointing, when I was thinking I'd learn how to make some cool fishing pole including "Capissen 38" in it. How awesome would that be?

Oh well, I thought I'd post this and see if anyone shared the same feeling when they thought they got something cool and turned out crap.

PS: I'd like to hear any other really cool things you guys have fished up in outlands, and where... standing outside Allerian Stronghold leveling at 341 atm is getting monotonous.

Cheers!
#6 - Feb. 1, 2008, 6:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm working on my first actual fishing character I must admit, I've never even had one to 300 even. I enjoy the experience quite a bit actually, and I'm playing collector with cooking recipes at the same time. I'm trying to find a good way to recast though, I've tried some of the mods that allow a right-click recast but it's not working for the setup I have.

Anyway, along the lines of fishing we're adding a new daily quest for fishing. Once 2.4 goes live (or once the PTRs are up) you'll want to visit "the mysterious old man" near Silmyr Lake outside of Shattrath. He's sure to offer treasures beyond your wildest dreams... or ramble on about how they had to color their own margarine during the war. Either/Or.
#14 - Feb. 1, 2008, 7:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

i put it on a random hotbar hotkeyed F.
(The F is for Fishing)
( I also hotkeyed curse of exhaustion to X, even though it starts with E)

Yeah, I guess what I really want is auto-recast again... lol. Oh well.
#30 - Feb. 1, 2008, 8:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Careful with the recast mods. They can cause you to lose a Mr. Pinchy if you aren't careful.

How's that? I don't believe auto-recast work any longer though.

The double-right click recast mods don't work for me as I'm rebinding my space bar key to be my right mouse click while fishing. For some reason that doesn't count as a true right mouse click for them to recognize.
#33 - Feb. 1, 2008, 9:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You can lose your mr pinchy because it's a BoP item and I'm guessing it'll recast and cancel the BoP confirmation box.

... of course. :P

/slapforehead

Q u o t e:
Ok, I am curious as to whya re-cast mod is neccessary?

It's not, I just always thought it useful. It saves an extra click/key press.