Names which offend the touchy people.

#1 - April 10, 2011, 3:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just had a rename issued on this character - Seriously though, is the name Buttmonger REALLY in all honesty THAT offending? - You've got to be kidding me right?

Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#194 - April 11, 2011, 11:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Having followed this thread since yesterday, prior to it finding its way over to the Customer Support Forum, I can appreciate that the topic was never created with the intent to receive an official response or actually appeal against the name change decision.

Ultimately however, while there may be any number of more offensive names out there, we’re regrettably only able to take action against those that are reported to us and found in breach of the naming policy guidelines.

Having an inappropriate name doesn’t mean that everyone out there has to be equally offended by the name in question, but if it’s sufficient for someone to take the time to report it then it’s our responsibility to enforce the set rules we’ve laid out, and to act accordingly as it’s quite possible for there to be other players who find your original name distasteful and unnecessary.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#282 - April 13, 2011, 3:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think that this discussion has now gone on long enough.

As pointed out earlier, the reason the name was changed was because it was against the policy, not simply because one person in the entire community found it offensive.

Locking thread now.