Real ID mailing

#1 - April 7, 2011, 12:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When you right click on someones name ingame,you get to "whisper" that person,but when you do the same to someone from your real id list,you get option "send a message" and that's what gave me this idea.
Is it possible for Blizzard to make an option where you can send a mail to a real id friend,just like a normal ingame mail and when he comes online he would see it in a box,for e.g. next to pending one.
Forum Avatar
Community
#3 - April 7, 2011, 9:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/04/2011 14:43Posted by Kraftman
Blizzard devs dont rad this forum. Sorry :/

Not quite the case.

When you right click on someones name ingame,you get to "whisper" that person,but when you do the same to someone from your real id list,you get option "send a message" and that's what gave me this idea.
Is it possible for Blizzard to make an option where you can send a mail to a real id friend,just like a normal ingame mail and when he comes online he would see it in a box,for e.g. next to pending one.

One of our developers wanted us to convey the following in reply.

The RealID system is quite separate from our realm chat and mail system. While it's something we could implement in the future, it's not something we have current plans for.
Forum Avatar
Community
#10 - April 8, 2011, 8:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To be fair Wryxian, I don't think he/she means the in-game mail system, I believe he/she means a Battle.Net Real ID Mail System, not sending things through the in-game mail.

Yes OK, there's a potential difference there.

My bad,but yes.The idea is to send a simple massage to a person from my real id list,if he/she is offline.For e.g.i was chatting with a friend of mine who was playing SC2,but he went offline before i finished my line,so i wanted to send it like a mail,which he could read later,when he is back online.

It would seem though that the gist of the developer response is that however it would be achieved, sending an offline message would still require extra work that there's no current plans for. Kinda like if it had been possible to do it without much effort, it probably would exist already. We've relayed your response back again though, and if there's more to add we'll endeavour to let you know.

Haha i got owned ><

Mayhaps, but what a way to be owned! ;-)

When you least expect it.. they strike!

We've mentioned before that the forums are read by developers -- luckily we all post in the same language as they do in the US; but yeah it sure is nice when we can give a clearer indication of that, so you don't just rely on our promises that there is information flow going back and forth between all the different language EU forums and the development team. And I mean more than just the recent developer Q&A initiative.
Forum Avatar
Community
#16 - April 8, 2011, 11:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Although on the matter of the dev Q&A, it would've been nice if the UI edition had been at least been notified to us in this forum by a redirect thread or so. I rarely go to other forums and didn't find out about it until it was too late!
That's a good point.