BC Talent & Ability preview questions

#0 - Oct. 3, 2006, 11:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is there a reason Drysc doesn't post? I mean a good reason. Our forums have been flooded with questions about our 41 point talents, and I'd understand if they don't want to give out to much information, but I don't see a problem with a blue post explaining what they meant by how they want a 41 point talent to work.

So, is there a GOOD reason Drysc doesn't post? Like he is the Rogue CM right? He makes posts in General Forums so it's not that he's not around.
#5 - Oct. 4, 2006, 12:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've set the cutoff point, thanks to everyone who submitted their questions. I'll do my best to get as many of them answered as possible. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=30087743&postId=312803149&sid=1#165

We have a sort of unwritten law about threads naming specific CMs or asking for "blue" or "blizzard" in the subject, so I've edited the post. I hope you don't mind. I think I made it better though.

Yeah, so none of us are class-specific in our roles as a CM, although in general each of us has handled a review process. That doesn't peg us as that class' representative from that time forward, but it's a general stigmata that tends to stick with us. I'm fine with that, but just know that isn't a rule.

If you have specific questions about the talent and ability preview I would be happy to try to get you some answers, and this would be a great thread to consolidate those questions. Please keep in mind that some specific information that isn't listed in the tooltips may not be available as we are continuing to tune some of the math and inner-workings. As I said though, I'll do my best.

FYI I won't have answers until Friday at the earliest, and will only be able to answer those (for now) that are posted by tomorrow night.

It's looking like early next week, Monday, is a bit more plausible.
#11 - Oct. 4, 2006, 12:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Be prepared drysc, for you have unleashed a monster.

My bankai is powerful.
#143 - Oct. 4, 2006, 11:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please keep posts in this thread dedicated to questions related to the expansion talent and ability preview. Thanks.
#165 - Oct. 5, 2006, 1:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm just letting everyone know that this is the cutoff point, I think there has been a good number of general and specific questions asked and I'm going to be working for the rest of the day collecting and organizing. I'll be posting the answers sometime early next week, probably Monday, as the information has to be sent through the various routes and regions before it can be delivered, and Friday isn't looking very likely at this point.

I wanted to thank everyone for their posts and remaining somewhat civil, I'll get back to you as soon as I am able.
#167 - Oct. 5, 2006, 1:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Why should I go back to play my rogue?

Hopefully because you enjoy playing that character, if you don't enjoy it, don't. :)
#171 - Oct. 5, 2006, 2:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Uh, WHY THE HELL WAS MY SUPER-LONG POST IN THIS THREAD DELETED?

I haven't deleted a single post in this thread unless I did so accidentally and without even knowing it; it seemed well written and I was working my way to copy down your questions. I'm sorry to see it has gone missing, but I did not delete it. I'm guessing you didn't have it copied down? :\

If you can go over just a basic one-line question for each one I'll include them, there's no real need to be too verbose unless an explanation really seems necessary.
#227 - Oct. 6, 2006, 2:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Err... I'll assume 'fastlane' is your internal alias for the forums? ;-)

Perhaps you meant:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=30087743&postId=312803149&sid=1#165

Shhhhh... ;)
#235 - Oct. 6, 2006, 6:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just so I'm not keeping anyone in suspense; I won't be able to get answers to you until early next week, as I had prophesized in my original post.

Also just as a reminder the new forums have a feature where you can skip through each blue post by clicking on a new icon (BLIZZ with a green arrow) that appears next to the Reply/Quote buttons if another blue post exists after that one. Just thought it might be useful for this and other threads with multiple blizzard posts.
#236 - Oct. 6, 2006, 6:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is just a reply so you can see the button and where it is.
#249 - Oct. 6, 2006, 6:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Hi again Drysc,

I wanted to bring up a point or two for you on this. While I completely understand you wanting to keep the discussion solely on the expansion talent / ability preview, please realise this is really a very wide topic. For all classes, not just Rogues, if they believe they have 'deficiencies', 'problems', or 'balance issues' in different areas of the game, one potential way to have them addressed is via new talents and abilities in the preview. It is an excellent time for the developers to add in new skills and abilities to counter other classes or to fill in the gaps with existing classes. As such, one can consider the fact that if this was not done for a current 'problem' or 'issue' a class has, this could be considered a relivant issue to the 'expsansion talents and abilities'. The question being 'Why wasn't talent X added in to help out problem Y'?

For example, take the Spell 'Deadly Throws'. This spell looks like it was created to directly answer the long standing problem Rogues have had with being kited in PvP. Discussing this skill without also addressing the larger issue of a Rogue's kiteability is only considering a part of the situation. You can't discuss a 'solution' or part of a 'solution' without also discussing the problem it was meant to solve.

Please consider this as you look over the questions and points people have brought up in this thread.

Thanks again for working to help provide us with some answers and insight.

Rat

I was referring to those that were completely outside of any rogue discussion, specifically some that had started up on whether or not I'm completely worthless etc. etc. :)
#301 - Oct. 10, 2006, 4:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Post limit raised to 500.
#303 - Oct. 10, 2006, 4:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I was wondering, Drysc, could you give us a more accurate date as to when you'll be back with the answers?

No. Gotta love me!

And "Not the Mama!" and so one and so forth.