Rogue = no chance getting raiding guild?

#0 - Oct. 3, 2006, 11:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello
I have noticed lately that it is nearly impossible to join a solid end-game raiding guild as a rogue.
I know it differs from realm to realm but to me, it seems like rogues have the hardest time, it seems like most guilds never ever recruit rogues.

I don't know if it s because in the beginning of WOW, rogue was the most overplayed class and even since then the other classes have increased their popularity ( hunter, warlock etc).
But still being a rogue means = no raiding guild for you for most people. =/

#35 - Oct. 4, 2006, 3:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Rogues are very useful to raiding guilds.
However, pretty much the only thing a rogue contributes to a raid is damage. (There are some other things too, but mostly damage). So whenever a guild is looking for a rogue, they are after more damage.

Seeing as the guild in question has never played with you before, and there are many other rogues out there, what would make them choose you? It's hard to demonstrate you do better damage than the others without getting a chance to show it.

Doing as several others in this thread suggested is a good idea. PvPing and grouping with the members to show you are a competent player that is willing to actually work to do good damage, not just cruise on the whole "I am a rogue - I will outdps you all with one hand while I'm watching TV." Doing top notch damage is hard work, and you need to convince the guild that you are dedicated enough to do this.