Blizzcon, the EU, and closed beta

#0 - Oct. 12, 2006, 9:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi. As probably a few other people, me and my wife have the Blizzcon codes for beta. At no point before, during, or after Blizzcon was there any communication warning EU players that they would be ineligible to join the beta itself. The pet code sure seems to work fine. However, now it seems that unlike the competition winners and random invitees, our code is valid ONLY for US accounts, which we don't have. So I'm asking if there is any recourse for us. We've been excited about the possibility of joining the beta ever since the first expansion info came out, and it is a serious letdown to finally see the invite email only to realize that it's completely useless. Please help us.

A side note: while my wife got her email already, I haven't. It can be just a delay on sending the huge quantity of emails, but there's a chance I used an old email account to signup last year, and I can't see any way to recheck this. Using the beta key on the blizzcon site again doesn't help. Is there any way for me to know the email that was used for the signup?

Thank you for your assistance
#104 - Oct. 13, 2006, 10:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Problem here is, if I say I'll look into it and I can't "fix" it, people will be sad and disappointed.
So, I won't be looking into this, but if I get any info I will let you know.
#135 - Oct. 16, 2006, 9:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Update:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=61086108&sid=1