New MVP

Forum Avatar
Community
#1 - March 30, 2011, 1:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Dear World of Warcraft Community,

As you may already be aware, our MVP program is a way for us to reward active, constructive and helpful players participating on the European World of Warcraft forums. You may already be familiar with our existing World of Warcraft MVPs: Adnaw, Lobotomy, Shammoz, Celiby and Lethan.

You may also be familiar with Jito. A strong advocate of reason, Jito has been very active across our forums, typically providing friendly, detailed and helpful replies to a wide range of topics. Well, now he is an MVP too! Please join us in celebrating the infusion of green ink into all his helpful posts. Congratulations Jito!
Forum Avatar
Community
#2 - March 30, 2011, 1:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q. Why was the MVP Program created?

A. Members of the Community Team have often responded to questions that players can and do answer just as easily. However, at times, answers by players would go completely ignored while the original poster sought a "blue" response, not trusting what their fellows told them.

In order to solve the problem, we instituted a program that has shown great success on Blizzard's forums in the past: the MVP (Most Valuable Poster) Program. This tag next to players who have answered players' questions consistently and accurately lends a note of credibility to what they post; it allows players seeking answers to take what they say at face value

Q. What does an MVP do?

A. An MVP continues to do what they've already been doing: promoting constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say -- they were chosen for their knowledge of the game, also.

Q. Why didn't you select _____, someone who always gives great constructive feedback on X subject?

A. Please understand that MVPs are not class representatives or community representatives in that sense; they are not chosen for their ability to criticise game mechanics and give feedback. They certainly can do this (and many do). The members of the Community Team are still the vehicles through which you should submit feedback by posting on these forums. We do not have a class representative system in place at this time and would prefer to hear all players' feedback instead of a select few.

Q. Why aren't the MVPs all level 85s?

A. You do not have to have a level 85 to answer the majority of questions on these forums clearly and accurately. You do not need a level 85 to be able to direct players to the appropriate page on the website for their question, or to link to an answer already given by Blizzard. The "you must have a level 85 to post something useful" perception is largely false, and not something we wish to perpetuate. Again, this partially stems back to the idea that MVPs are in fact community representatives who are giving feedback for the playerbase, which is untrue.

Q. How can I become an MVP?

A. Keep posting constructively, answering questions about the game, and encouraging discussion (and no, that doesn't mean giving a post a title and then saying "Discuss.") throughout the forums -- we'll take notice. Following the Code of Conduct would be an important part of it, as well.

Q. Who are the current MVPs for the English EU forum?

A. The current MVPs are now:

Adnaw
Celiby
Jito
Lethan
Lobotomy
Shammoz
#6 - March 30, 2011, 1:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Grats on green text Jito :]
Forum Avatar
Community
#20 - March 30, 2011, 2:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Congratulations Jito!
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#21 - March 30, 2011, 2:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Good work Jito, feel free to pop over to the CS Forum every now and then, you will be most welcome. =)
Forum Avatar
Community
#25 - March 30, 2011, 2:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Welcome onboard Jito! Congratulations! *cheers*
Forum Avatar
eSports
#26 - March 30, 2011, 2:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
gZ and enjoy the green!
Forum Avatar
Community
#27 - March 30, 2011, 2:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Moar green! :)
Congratulations Jito!
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#35 - March 30, 2011, 2:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Grats on your green Jito!

And I've already seen you lurking in the CS Forums. =)
Forum Avatar
Community
#36 - March 30, 2011, 2:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yay... another mean green posting machine ;-)

Congratulations Jito :-)
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#39 - March 30, 2011, 2:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Welcome! *hugs*
Forum Avatar
Community
#40 - March 30, 2011, 2:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Welcome Jito, and congrats! <3
Forum Avatar
Community
#78 - March 31, 2011, 8:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
SO MUCH BLUE

i was shocked until lethan posted that list
Weirdly, this is probably one of the least blue tagged MVP or new CM threads I've seen yet! I think everyone's just a little too busy at the moment to make a little post here, or something. There's quite a few of us here in the EU Community team, covering 5 language communities for WoW and 7 for SCII. And that's just the Community team, I also sent this forum link over to our CS and Tech forum posters as well!

Well, maybe we'll see a bit more blue before the thread finally rests in peace. *crosses 6 limbs in hope*
#83 - March 31, 2011, 9:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
31/03/2011 09:07Posted by Wryxian
Well, maybe we'll see a bit more blue before the thread finally rests in peace. *crosses 6 limbs in hope*

More blue you say!

Congratulations, Jito! As the duck said earlier, please don't hesitate to stop by the Customer Support forum to share some of your knowledge every now and then (as much as fits in a Gnome's head anyway). ^_^
Forum Avatar
Community
#87 - March 31, 2011, 9:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Don't steal Wryxian's Babybels either. That crocolisk may be small, but he can still gnaw. Trust me >.<
Hrm.. speaking about gnawing, I think I've got a bone to pick with a certain Frost Nymph... ;-)
#115 - April 1, 2011, 9:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Grats, Jito! :)