Is passing an account on....

#1 - March 25, 2011, 8:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Bannable by blizz?

I have this 7 y/o cousin who I used to let run around on my toons (before his mom figured out the game was rated T -_-), and obviously I'm not going to play the game forever.
So, would it be acceptable if, after I've quit and he's the appropriate age (I prob wouldn't let him play till he's like 16 or 17, this community is too bad), I passed my account on to him?

I mean, he's in my family and it just wouldn't make sense for him/his parents to have to pay for the game all over again, cause by that time it might even be dead. So if I were no longer playing, why not?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#10 - March 25, 2011, 9:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/25/2011 1:16 PMPosted by Fatal
So, would it be acceptable

Accounts cannot be gifted, sold or traded, Fatal. If in the future your cousin wishes to play the game, he will need to purchase the game.

As others mentioned, the use of a World of Warcraft account that is not registered under your name, with an exception of one minor child living in the same household, can be considered account sharing and can lead up to account termination.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#33 - March 26, 2011, 12:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this thread as answer has been provided.

**Note** I strongly advise those who are encouraging the OP to break the terms of use to reconsider posting such comments. Doing so will get your posting privileges permanently revoked.