Rage generation FYI

#0 - Nov. 16, 2006, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Since many of you are interested in seeing the accurate rage generation formulae (while some of the reverse engineering has been close, it has been meaningfully inaccurate due to some "magic numbers" that players don't have information about).

So, you can find the formulae (including a few updates) here:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=83678537&postId=834711892&sid=1#16

#1 - Nov. 16, 2006, 8:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
first

Edit: Thanks for the info Kalgan. After looking over the formula, it seems you guys didn't make 2handers have their own factor when multiplying. With that in mind (and correct me if I am wrong), but it seems we are going to be using the same factor as we would if we had a 1handed weapon in our main hand. It just seems a bit silly that 2handers would be using the same multiplier.

I know many of us mortal strike warriors are worried about having our class broken due to rage generation issues. I think giving us a 3.5/7.0 multiplier factor for 2hand hits would make rage generation slightly less than dual wield but still give 2handed warriors comparable rage so the different builds aren't totally different in the rage generation respect.

So,
For Dealing Damage:
Main Hand Normal Hits: Factor=2.5
Main Hand Crits: Factor=5.0
Off Hand Normal Hits: Factor=1.25
Off Hand Crits: Factor=2.5
2 Hand Normal Hits: Factor= 3.5
2 Hand Crits: Factor=7.0

Using these multipliers, we'd still have less rage generation than a dual wielding fury warrior but we'd have more than a sword n' board warrior. I think this is what is intended. Maybe look into testing my factor or something of your own that would get the same thing accomplished.

#117 - Nov. 17, 2006, 2:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Reminder:

These boards are for discussion. Feel free to discuss, debate, dissent, theorycraft, disprove, even argue or whine if you must.

But the moment you take that step into harassment, personal insults, or threats, whether directed at other players, CMs, forum moderators, or developers, you've crossed the line. Such attacks are not tolerated, and the forum moderation staff will address such occurrences with the highest penalties the Forum Code of Conduct will allow.

Consider yourselves warned. And, continue with the discussion. ;)