Proof: Casual players CAN do the endgame...

#0 - Nov. 23, 2006, 12:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
In April of this year we founded Thunder & Lightning, a guild especially for players who have not been able to see the endgame instances because they can only play later in the evening.

Most of you with family, late jobs, RL, know the problem: Once you got the kiddies to bed, or come home from a late job, or come back from meeting friends its too late to play with one of the existing traditional raiding guilds.

So most of us were haging around on the various servers, perhaps getting the occasional PUG, but never really being able to see all the goodies WoW has to offer for people with Real Life (TM).

We changed all of this by starting a guild that plays late (events start 10pm ST), that is casual and relaxed (no rules requiring daily attendance, we adopted an SK list system), and generally attracted your age 30+ player who still has their priorities in life right. We have a good percentage of female players and a few couples in the guild.

We play on both sides, Alliance and Horde, to give everybody a chance to enjoy late evening playing

Although we had a bit of an unlucky choice of server (we chose Kilrogg PvE that became only available for PCT in October), we have built up a large guild, with many of us transferring their existing lvl 60 toons in October.

Now, one and a half months after transfer was opened, we have achieved our first big, big milestone:

We were able to put our first guild 40-man raid together and swept he floor with the first 4 MC bosses straight away.

We are extremely proud to be able to provide the proof to the WoW community:

Even as a casual player, with the right organisation, you are able to see all of what Blizzard has to offer in World of Warcraft.

We are still happy to expand, and are keen to provide all of you with a home that see family, job , RL as being more important then WoW, but still are enthusiastic enough to dedicate a good chunk of their free time to raiding with a relaxed and mature group of players.

If you want to know more about THUNDER & LIGHTNING please visit our website:

http://www.wow-mommasandpappas.com
#9 - Nov. 23, 2006, 9:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I must say, this is very nice to hear :) And good job on that too!
Might just keep bumping this myself ;)
#41 - Nov. 23, 2006, 1:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am sorry to say that ZG and aq20 isnt really endgame anymore.. =/

/poke, Hey you!

Stick in the mud :P
#87 - Nov. 24, 2006, 4 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Endgame???

MC? Endgame? lol!

ZG, ENDGAME? AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Oh wow, that was too funny, whats next, 1 year into TBC you will come here and post: THUNDER AND LIGHTNING KILL NEFARION!!!

GG

I can see why you have so much time for WoW..
#88 - Nov. 24, 2006, 4:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Agreed.

While its very nice to hear you have made it work for you, you are very far from the mark when you call MC endgame.

It is FAR from endgame.

But grats on the achievment none-the-less :)

I just took your quote as a representation of some (of the positive) posts. Don't get me wrong, you were nice about it :)

I think the point here is, that some people claim it is impossible for "casual" gamers to enjoy any of the so-called "end game content." Imho this can be any of many instances, exactly like for example: ZG, MC or AQ20. These players got together, worked on it and showed that it IS possible. /Cheer!
#91 - Nov. 24, 2006, 4:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

tssssk, tsssk, remember what you said a few days ago...

I've improved my aimed shot ;)