Installing World of Warcraft

#1 - March 24, 2011, 6:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok so my account has WoW and the Burning Crusade activated. I have not played WoW in years until about 3 weeks ago when I decided to play again. I logged in and downloaded the client. My question is, when I downloaded the client did I only download WoW + BC? Or did I download WoW + BC + the other 2 expos?

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - March 24, 2011, 7:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/24/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Shaktii
If you paid for Wrath and Cata, then you downloaded them with the client. If you did not pay for them, you did not download them.

That is incorrect.

All players have the same client version and data for the full game at any given time.

Your product level determines which content your character(s) can access in-game. If you have purchased the original World of Warcraft only, you will not have access to the Draenei content, the Blood Elf content, Outland zones, the Jewelcrafting, Inscription, and Archaeology professions, any other profession content above skill level 300, Northrend zones, Death Knights, Cataclysm zones, Goblin content, Worgen content, and so forth.

If you then purchase Burning Crusade only, you will immediately have access to Draenei, Blood Elves, Outland, professions to skill level 375, etc. If you then purchase Wrath of the Lich King, you will immediately have access to the Death Knight class, all of Northrend, professions to skill level 450, etc. Your access to that content would be immediate, because the content is already available in your client package, which is the same as everyone else’s.