submittng a ticket

#1 - March 23, 2011, 11:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just saw a guy mining underground. I saw the top of his head and name, then he vanished into the hill. I'm submitting a ticket; got his name (I think. I don't think there were any special characters but it happened fast) location, time, and what was mined. Am I forgetting anything vital?

PS: I'm not mad bro and he didn't ninja my node (I can't even mine in cata zones) I just know the only thing to be done is reporting things like this.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#8 - March 24, 2011, 2:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/23/2011 4:54 PMPosted by Anonumos
I'm being unkind to Blizzard, but I have little confidence in anything being done about it.

Yes, you are. You also have no basis for such an assumption unless you have taken no interest in our history, or believe the idiotic rumours that are often passed around that we simply don't care. One who is observant, would notice that many of these reported characters do tend to disappear once an investigation has been completed. Does it happen immediately? Not always, but verified exploitation is addressed appropriately.

Thank you for reporting what you saw, Tial, in such cases the ones that are doing this have compromised the account in question. So when you report, not only are you helping stop this type of exploitation, but you are usually stopping an active compromise. This may allow the person who is registered to the account to actually recover lost items, gold and characters instead of logging in one day to find all their work simply gone.