Take away the dragons

#1 - March 19, 2011, 12:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I just want to know when enough is enough with people being mounted on dragons in the city. Every day i get blocked from a mail box or vendor because some show off has to be sitting on their dragon mount.

They just aren't that cool and i'm tired of it. Do not allow dragons to be used inside the cities, it's just getting horrible and making the game more and more drama packed between players.

This is a source of player arguments and fighiting, i'm tired of it, get the dragons out!!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#3 - March 19, 2011, 12:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I just want to know when enough is enough with people being mounted on dragons in the city. Every day i get blocked from a mail box or vendor because some show off has to be sitting on their dragon mount.

You may have noticed that a number of mailboxes were added to the capital cities so that, if you happen to find one blocked, it should be relatively easy to walk a few steps and find another one that remains unobstructed. Most vendors are located inside buildings where mounts aren't allowed too.

Having the option to use one's flying mounts within the capital cities is ultimately more convenient than removing them to ensure access to services which should be reasonably accessible to begin with.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - March 19, 2011, 1 a.m.
Blizzard Post
They won't do it....blizzard likes for us players to be grief by other players every day

Truly, in your vast wisdom, ye have cut straight through to the dark core our wicked black hearts.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#25 - March 19, 2011, 1:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Well, you do look kinda like the Creature from the Black Lagoon...

You wound me.

Besides, my mom told me that I'm a handsome devil... Then she asked me my name.

=(
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#40 - March 19, 2011, 1:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As for your closing statement; that's the main reason I burn out of Blizzard products so insanely fast nowadays. There's never any restraint, no grounding factor, nothing to relate to. You're always a flaming, skull wearing demigod that nothing can challenge. It's childish design, pancakes for every meal, etc.

I can understand that you burn out - we all have different tolerances.

I think your generalization is rather unfair, though. How many Blizzard products have you experienced? Even in World of Warcraft - while we do try to convey a sense of power and competence - no single character is intended to be a rofl-stomping demi-god.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#46 - March 19, 2011, 1:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If it isn't true then why don't you solve this issue which would be fairly simple to solve? Mailboxes aren't the only thing players block. They also block portals, questgivers, vendors, etc... In a very few instances you see fit to solve this problem, like some of the auctioneers and the valor vendors, but in other instances you let players grief to their hearts content.

When it seems like an issue would be simple to solve, it very rarely actually is. We make very sparing use of 'invisible' walls for a lot of reasons, from the technical to the aesthetic.