Still bots all over the nodes

#1 - March 17, 2011, 10:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm glad to see they banned one version, but there must be so many bot programs out there now.

I'm in Uldum mining and there's bots everywhere. Please get them Blizz.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#7 - March 17, 2011, 11:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/17/2011 3:42 PMPosted by Nerfitall
I'm glad to see they banned one version, but there must be so many bot programs out there now.

Yes, there are multiple ways to exploit and cheat, Nerfitall. Unfortunately, addressing one does not necessarily lend itself to dealing with others. And, no matter how many of something you catch there will always be the myriad of "well what about this, why don't you do something here".

As we have stated, numerous times, we are always working to address these situations. We don't like this behavior any more than our players do.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#13 - March 18, 2011, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/17/2011 5:51 PMPosted by Ciarge
simple question, why isn't blizzard purchasing these programs to learn how they run and remain undetected?

I can only ask a simple question in return, Ciarge, as I am not at liberty to discuss any aspect of our methods.

How do you know what we have or have not done in our effort to addresses these matters? :)
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#18 - March 18, 2011, 1:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Is it worth trying to report these bots? Or does blizzard not really look into player reported bots?

It is absolutely worth report any possible bots that you find, Nerfitall. I know it can be frustrating but I can assure you that we value these reports and we do use them to not only investigate individuals but also use them to help with the overall investigation.