We all make mistakes

#0 - Feb. 9, 2007, 4:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I join a group in the Crypts that are at the last boss. For some reason thier healer took off and they needed another.
I've never been, so I join them.
Group make up is Me (66 holy priest), hunter, rogue, warlock and druid (tank). The lock puts a soul stone on me. We engage the last boss (forget his name) and everything is going well. The boss is almost dead, and I get major agro and die. I of course I try everything in my power to not die, blow all my cooldowns, but I still die. In the excitement, I accidentaly click release spirit instead of 'use soulstone',

I know, I'll be the first to admit that is a super nub move.

But we still kill the boss, but with only the hunter still alive. I apologize profusely as we all run back, except the hunter of course, to loot the boss.
The leader of the group, the rogue, then screams in group chat "YOUR THE WORST PRIEST EVER, I'LL NEVER GROUP WITH YOU AGAIN!!" And then of course boots me.

I know I shouldn't care about this, but I hate having this guy going around telling everyone what a crappy priest I am, when in fact, I get private tells constantly from group members saying what a fantastic priest I am. I don't like tooting my own horn, but I'm a damn good priest. I've played one for a long time.

Its so frustrating when people judge you by one little mistake, when 99% of the time, or more, you are the one holding the group together, and keeping everyone alive through all those nasty pulls, and boss fights.

Oh well, needed to rant.
Thanks
#17 - Feb. 9, 2007, 5:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
People tend to make the most mistakes either when they first wake up or when they are exhausted and trying to stay up late playing anyway. I know most of my groups at night that get a bit crazy end up with everyone deciding it's best for everyone if they just give up for the night and go to bed already. ;)

I'm sorry you ran into someone like that but it seems to be the fate of the main healer. You're either the hero for pulling out the right heals at the right times or you are the scapegoat for not doing it all just perfectly.
#23 - Feb. 9, 2007, 5:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
way back when, when strath and scholo were end game, i was pugging for my l337 devout gear and i had this awful, awful warrior "tanking" was using his doomsaw and wondering why he was taking so much damage. so i was just like you know what...screw this. on our second corpse run before making any discernible progress i told him to eff off and dropped group. he starts ranting at me in tells about how hes never going to group with me again.

i reply "oh noes, what ever shall i do." and then promptly follow up with "please watch general chat."

/1 level 60 priest LFG scholo/strath. Please respond in general, my wow is bugged and i can't receive tells :(
(much spam of "we need a priest!" floods general chat)
soandso whisper you "eff you man"
/r <3
/r bye lover
Soandso has ignored you.

--Zedword, good times

I had a relatively similiar experience in a partial pick-up group. I wasn't the target of the tanks' wrath but they attempted to cuss out our rogue and then tried to tell everyone in general chat that the rogue was a ninja that tried to steal from them. They swore they wouldn't group with us again. We were pleased with the result since he couldn't hold aggro to save MY life (oh yeah the mobs LOVED me) and was a bit unpleasant to be with to put it kindly.
#45 - Feb. 9, 2007, 5:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Sigh, i found someone to take Eyonix's place in my heart as favorite CM.
/lick Nethaera

Now i need to tell Eyonix it is over.

You'll break his heart!