-15% forebearance = old orc blood rage?

#0 - Feb. 27, 2007, 12:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hasn't blizzard learned? at release, orc blood rage gave you plus 25% attack power for 15 or so seconds, then it gave you 45 seconds of minus 25% attack power. It was largely regarded the most useless racial or close to it. You *could* use it to finish off an enemy but what if he potions, gets healed or something and lasts longer than the time? you end up hurting yourself in the long-run...

Similary, BoP with a -15% forebearance that is said to be on the PTR gives a short-term buff (even with -15% damage) followed by a longer-term deficit. It's the old orc blood rage all over again, short term gain, that ends up screwing you in the long-term.

However it is not mentioned in the PTR patch notes.., all I'm going by is words of PTR testers, it could all be some elaborate wind up for all I know, but I've bought it *grin*. Also Tseric just locked the thread in which he said "I'll get back to you on a weekday whether this is a bug or not", so we're in the dark as to whether this is intended, we should have heard by now but we have not.

Hm, maybe I should go in and try it myself just to be sure it's as described, but anyways... here's to praying blizzard aren't naive enough to repeat the old orc blood rage incident
#4 - Feb. 27, 2007, 1:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Also Tseric just locked the thread in which he said "I'll get back to you on a weekday whether this is a bug or not", so we're in the dark as to whether this is intended, we should have heard by now but we have not.

It's not locked. He said he will look it up, but you simply can't expect answers right away. When we have more information we will post it.