Unrated bg's and botting.

#1 - March 10, 2011, 5:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So my question is simple, is blizzard affiliated with the people that design and sell the pvp botting programs. The reason for asking is because more and more of them are popping up and "report player away" is flawed to say the least, there has to be something you can do about the increase in botter rescently seeing as i pvp'd in tbc and it wasnt near this bad. It is a slap in the face for anyone actually making an honest attempt in gearing an alt or such easily in bg. JK half my team is either running spamming moonfire as a feral druid or dying on a mount and then releasing and random targeting people as a ghost. Could you please do something about this or atleast state that you are trying to work this issue out before you lose too many players.

Would just be nice to see that you arent just money horny and actually do something for the 11 million or so subscribers that pay a monthly fee to get thier money worth in game play and not bot skilling.

Dont missunderstand me this isnt a troll thread i am dead serious and want to know what is being done about the insane amount of bots out there atm.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#4 - March 10, 2011, 10:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I appreciate your frustration Minjua and understand that you feel that nothing is being done to curb the number of bots currently plaguing the Battlegrounds.

However rest assured that this is not the case at all and we do indeed investigate and take the appropriate actions against players abusing the system.

As well as using the "Report AFK" tool, you are also welcome to report any player you feel is "botting" to us via the in-game petition system and we will look into the matter further.

We really appreciate the feedback about all aspects of the game and if you wish to discuss ways to improve the systems we have in place then you are welcome to do it in the relevant sections of the forum. :)

More information about how the feedback system works can be found in this US blue post from Nethaera which you are very welcome to read through. :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016274470#17