Blizzard Don't care about keeping customers

#1 - March 9, 2011, 9:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I had a piece NINJA looted from me in BH run and contacted a Game Master to try and get it resolved to no avail has it been. I even contacted the Master Looter of the Raid which gave the gloves to a guildie that lost the roll and they opened a ticket after a conversation with them(since the Game Master excuse is that on Master Loot the person has to state the rules in open chat and the Master Looter can give to any one). Blizzard told me there is still nothing they can do even though the Mater Looter contacted them on the matter asking them to give the item to me. If a Master Looter can give to anyone and files a petition to do so then why are they not acting upon it? So since Blizzard wants to protect and promote this I cancelled the 3 accounts I pay for but I guess Blizzard doesn't care nor do they worry about losing revenue! For those of you that are going to post and say it happens why yes it does but this isn't the first time it has happened to me but it will be the last time. Why should I continue to give a company money when they protect thief's and do not protect the victims nor do they care about keeping a customer?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#68 - March 9, 2011, 10:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Unfortunately, the overall tone of this thread prevents any type of discussion from continuing but I will address a few key points for the OP as soon as I can.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#69 - March 9, 2011, 11:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I had a piece NINJA looted from me in BH run and contacted a Game Master to try and get it resolved to no avail has it been.

Ninja looting would be the act of taking an item that you did not otherwise qualify for. I'm sorry but that did not occur. By using the Master Looting system you give permission to the person who serves as Master Looter to distribute the items that drop how they see fit. Unless otherwise stipulated, that is how it works.

The Master Looter gave the item to another qualifying member of the group.

I even contacted the Master Looter of the Raid which gave the gloves to a guildie that lost the roll and they opened a ticket after a conversation with them

Did they? Interesting, but I'd point out that you have no idea what another person may or may not have done unless you were standing with them at their computer.

Regardless, once the loot is assigned the item belongs to the person who received it, if the Master Looter made an error and they intended that the item go to you their petition would still not allow that to happen, even if one was submitted. If the person with the item wished to transfer it to you, they may do so within 2 hours of played game time.

Unless a scam was determined, then we would handle it.

(since the Game Master excuse is that on Master Loot the person has to state the rules in open chat and the Master Looter can give to any one).

In the majority of cases we remain hands off when it comes to this type of player interaction. We do not generally become involved in looting disputes. For a long time this included any Master Looting disputes. Due to the misuse of the system, as it was not intended to be used by pick up groups or people who otherwise have no reason to trust one another, it was decided that if such actions were determined to be a scam we would take action based on those policies.

An investigation was launched and unfortunately there was no evidence of a scam found. Simply saying /roll is not the definition of a looting roll. You may infer what they meant, but an inference is not a rule.

So in short, Gothamdeath, we do care a great deal about our customers. Here's the thing, the Master Looter, he's a customer. The person who received the item, a customer as well. We do as much as we can for our customers but we are unable to micromanage every interaction.

Our Developers implemented several different looting methods so players could use the one that best fit the situation. If you are running an instance with friends or the guild you have been a part of for awhile, use Master Looter, that is what it is there for. If you aren't, Group Loot or Need before Greed would be the best system for you.

I'm sorry that you feel it necessary to cancel your account due to this matter. I wish you well in whatever you decide to do.