guild drama

#1 - March 8, 2011, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
so i was the gm of a guild and was talking to another guild about merging.. yesterday we did so.. So being the gm i took everything out of are guild bank to put in the new guild and the gold.. so today when i log on a old guildie says he is reporting me for theft... even tho i was the gm and 10-15 people came with me to this new guild... please give me a blue response.. help?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#31 - March 9, 2011, 12:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/08/2011 3:41 PMPosted by Cithere
Has it been said anywhere by blue that the gold in the guild bank belongs to anyone but the GL?

Yes and no, Cithere. The Guild Leader essentially owns the guild and, for the most, the items that are deposited into the guild bank. The purposes of the guild bank though are for the progress of the guild on a whole. There are times when the action of the Guild Leader may be considered a scam. It really is conditional though.

03/08/2011 3:33 PMPosted by Zyrö
please give me a blue response.. help?

From what you have stated, Zyrö, it doesn't sound like your actions would fall under our scam policies.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#36 - March 9, 2011, 3:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/08/2011 7:10 PMPosted by Lokkï
This is fairly similar to what happened to us today. Our GM, my priest (main) and about 6 other people transfered off server to merge with another guild.

Not really, Lokki, there is a distinct difference between merging two guilds, as the OP was doing and taking a bunch of items and jumping realms with a few other people.

Your Guild Leader is welcome to appeal the decision with our Account Administration department.

Account Administration
Webform: https://us.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=en_US
Wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#46 - March 9, 2011, 4:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/08/2011 7:30 PMPosted by Lokkï
So the difference is that only some of us left instead of all? We gave them the information on where to find us. A merge for progression means that some people will be left out. Those few people give grounds to ban our GM?

Information to find you on a different realm that would require people to pay for a Paid Character Transfer in order to join you.

03/08/2011 7:30 PMPosted by Lokkï
Should I be taking this up in a different forum under "Why do players making false accusations go unpunished"?

If the accusations were false than nothing would have came of the report, Lokki. If your Guild Leader believes and error was made they are welcome to dispute the actions by contacting Account Administration, as previously instructed.