Shadowfiend is Broke

#0 - April 23, 2007, 2:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
EVERY TIME, not sometimes, EVERYTIME I have a shackled target and am dpsing another target the shadowfiend starts off at the dps target location and runs clear across the screen to attack the shackled target.

Is this going to get fixed anytime soon?

And yes I know it is a "Guardian" and not a pet but FFS it can atleast attack the target I am DPS'ing.
#23 - April 23, 2007, 5:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you are finding it to break your shackle everytime you do so, please report it as a bug. While we've said that the Shadowfiend is a guardian and not a pet, the AI is intended to go after (by preference) a non-ccd target first. If that's not happening then it's something we need to have looked into.
#49 - April 23, 2007, 6:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's not unknown that it will break a CC under certain circumstances. As I've said, the preference of the AI is set up to go after a non-CCd target first.
#53 - April 23, 2007, 6:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I will be letting the appropriate persons on my end know as well, but it's also good for players to report issues as they come across them so they can be tracked down better.
#92 - April 23, 2007, 6:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
People are assuming a lot of things in this thread that they may want to reconsider. There is absolutely no reason for the hostility. I've explained how the Shadowfiend should be working and have said that bugs need to be reported on it if they are occuring. I've forwarded the concern to those that can test this further and if we hear more on our end about what may be occurring, if there is a legitimate bug or more, we will relay it to you all.

#157 - April 23, 2007, 7:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just so everyone is aware, the fix for the Shadowfiend breaking shackle is currently on the PTR. Please be sure to test it there. I just confirmed this as having been fixed and it is the reason why we are stating that the preference for the Shadowfiend is to go after non CCd targets first. The behavior that some player are experiencing on the live realms is being addressed currently and is on the PTR as such.
#163 - April 23, 2007, 7:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ok, thank you. That's the sort of thing it would be nice if you'd tell us about in your update threads or the patch notes :)

Working on it as much as we can. As you can see, the notes are rather lengthy and there is more being added here and there so we're trying to keep an eye on many things at once.

The only reason for any amounts of silence is that we are working on so many things so if you don't see me or any other "blue" here for a bit, it's not because we are trying to ignore anyone or have been scared away.
#184 - April 23, 2007, 8:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have no problem with the idea of people being upset. It's the hostility that is over the top. No one is trying to purposefully upset anyone or make people angry. It's also easy for people to get swept up in the ire of others and post an echo of another person's upset rather than taking a step back for a moment and regaining their own composure. Again, I can't stress enough that it's important for people to test what is being implemented on the test realms and discussing those experiences rather than what they feel has or hasn't happened in the past. I'd much rather we all move forward in relaying our experiences than focus on what some feel wasn't from before. It's too easy to get swallowed up in the negativity (even for me) and it's hard to get back out of that quagmire. I work to stay positive about things not out of any attempt at wearing rose colored glasses, but so I can maintain some perspective on things in a way that are most beneficial for me and for others around me.

BTW, no one has lied about playing high level priests. Different people have different experiences. I'm not going to argue about who has experienced what with everyone because things inevitably get horribly twisted. If I say I have or haven't had issues myself, someone on either side of the fence will use that to "prove" some point they have rather than taking things at face value. I know people will assume what they like anyway and that's fine.