Do you guys.....

#0 - Aug. 9, 2007, 6:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Mana burn in 5v5? I look all the dang time in my matches but im always spammin heals on someone, so I never get the time =(.
#1 - Aug. 9, 2007, 6:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Mana burn in 5v5? I look all the dang time in my matches but im always spammin heals on someone, so I never get the time =(.

It's rare, but I have before if I felt I could spare the mana and that it would make a difference in the fight without anyone dying.
#20 - Aug. 9, 2007, 7:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth,

Since you're responding, how do you find your priests survivability (since you're healing). Do you find that you're usually target #1 and can't do much about it?

Also, could you tell us what you're specced? :P

I'm Disc/Holy right now and have been for a bit actually. My survivability is generally pretty good overall. I need to work on some new gear though to up my +healing both for PvE and PvP. Surprisingly, I am not always target #1, but it just depends on if people pay attention to the fact that someone is healing whoever they are bashing on. (Yes, I have pain suppression.)

I'm not rated currently though because I haven't hopped on a rated team as of yet. My computer at home is a bit erm.. how shall I say... old and angry so I don't trust it much right now and it's prone to sudden restarts. I generally enjoy the open ffa arena fights when I can and BGs. I'm hoping to correct the computer issue fairly soon. :(
#23 - Aug. 9, 2007, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You need pain supression IRL to spec pain supression

It's more useful than people give it credit for. It is also getting its own improvement which you can see in the 2.2 notes-

Pain Suppression: This talent will now reduce the chance for any buff on the Priest to be dispelled, rather than reduce the chance of dispelling buffs cast while it is active.

What more happens with any of the various spells as far as adjustments etc, I couldn't say as of yet.
#39 - Aug. 9, 2007, 8:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth must ba a horrible PvP priest.

Not particularly. ;)
#43 - Aug. 9, 2007, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I was full Disc for a very long time before deciding that my lack of effective power increase after 42 points (Power Infusion and Pain Suppression) was not worth what effect increases I could gain with other specs.

Disc is largely regarded as the damage-healing hybrid tree and the mana-efficiency tree, and somewhat as the PvP survivability tree, though the only survivability talents are +5% stamina and Pain Suppression.

Barring any debate about the tree having a focus or lack of it, do you feel that Discipline lacks the kind of effectiveness and output of other trees (the only output increasing talents are Force of Will and... Force of Will) and, if so, do you believe that the lack of output is made up for in the relative gain in the lengthening of the mana pool (almost the only things Priests get a chance to spam in PvP are instants, and Meditation + Divine Spirit + Mental Agility + Absolution + Mental Strength + Enlightenment do make a noticeable difference), considering both PvP and PvE favor effect and efficiency to "lasting longer"?

And, if you happen to read this and the Blizzcon high is still within you, could you ask one of the higher-ups the same question?

I think the one question we've never had answered is if the developers are unsatisfied with Discipline only for its lack of focus, while most players are unsatisfied with Discipline because it feels like all you get with Discipline is cheaper Renews for PvE (everyone takes Meditation and will have someone to give them Divine Spirit if they don't personally have it) and Reflective Shield for PvP, along with an anti-elite aggro/-Arcane Power, while Holy and Shadow carry so many more (and much more significant, in my opinion) +healing/+damage multipliers, and even -mana cost talents.

And don't let the haters get you down. =]

I'll bring up these questions for you. Just please keep in mind, I may not be able to bring anything back too specific other than what I've said so far. If I can bring back more though, I will.
#50 - Aug. 9, 2007, 8:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Open BG PvP and Arena skirmishes are not good examples of how to show that Priests survivability is "pretty good overall".

I said that mine was good overall. (When someone asked how things were for me personally.) Certainly not perfect and I depend on teammates to do what they can to keep me going so I can keep healing. Different players have different experiences. I certainly don't claim mine as the only experiences.

I also stated that I haven't had a chance to be a dependable member of a rated team yet. Hopefully I'll be able to correct that before too much longer. I'm getting itchy to get in to the 'real' matches. ;)
#57 - Aug. 9, 2007, 8:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So, basically, you feel the priest is fine as long as you don't face well put together teams the higheryou go in the bracket? Well of course! If you had, you'd see it was "good luck doing anything at all" with some of the team makeups, and damage so high you can't heal through it even if you have a chance to spam gheal with a mortal strike permanently on the target.

Of course good luck getting free moments to cast since we have 0 escape mechanisms.

I was going to spend some time trying to figure out exactly where I said any of the above... But then I remembered I didn't say any of the above and decided it wasn't worth arguing.