Petition wait times are ridiculous

#1 - Feb. 23, 2011, 5:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't know if this is the right forum for this but here it goes. I have to say something needs to be done on petition wait times. While I am extremely pleased with new system that gives a real approximate wait time rather than "we have a high amount of petitions" I am throughly disappointed that I am seeing times over 24hours. While I know that a lot of people use petition process for stupid things, I find it frustrating when I have an actual problem that I have attempted to fix, can't, and is not a pvp issue, I hate so and so issue, or the game is too hard issue. I will admit I do not have the facts on how everything in the process works, but could something possibly be done to weed out frivolous petitions or prioritize ones that are actual game issues that the GM's are hired to handle? Or maybe hire more GM's? I know that millions of people paying $15 a month leads to a great amount of cash flow, I would certainly hope that a good portion of that is going to ensure the game works well (and it almost always does for me). I am not saying I do not have faith in blizzard but I would rather know that my game is working properly from a general standpoint, than having player concerns on pvp balance (which in my mind is a mini-game next to pve content) addressed before ensuring the game world works properly. Am I misunderstanding this or is there an actual issue here that is hopefully being addressed?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#4 - Feb. 23, 2011, 5:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/22/2011 9:39 PMPosted by Todan
I will admit I do not have the facts on how everything in the process works, but could something possibly be done to weed out frivolous petitions or prioritize ones that are actual game issues that the GM's are hired to handle?

We are hired to address all petitions that are submitted, Todan, regardless of if someone else believes them frivolous or not. Though we would ask players to only submit petitions that we can actually assist with as we are not Developers, programmers, game testers, technicians, etc..., we do not fault them for submitting the petition. Not unless they do so in an abusive manner.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20225

The majority of petitions are addressed in the order they have been received but there are conditions in which an issue may be addressed much more quickly.

The issue that you appear to have submitted a petition about is a Tech issue. Not something that can usually be addressed by our In-Game Support staff. Though it will be forwarded to the appropriate people the assistance you require is usually found via forums or by direct contact with Tech Support.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/

If you continue to experience an issue you may want to post there or use one of the other contact methods such as e-mail or phone support.

• By Phone: 1-800-592-5499 to speak to a live representative 7AM – 8PM Pacific Time, 7-Days a week.
  • By E-mail: Blizzard's Technical Support team provides a Web Form for you to fill out which collects most of the information necessary to quickly and efficiently provide you with a solution.
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=en_US

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#10 - Feb. 23, 2011, 6:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If you have a bugged quest that cant be completed, you can wait 24 or 48 hours. Days!

Ive been a satisfied complainer for any keylogger/account stealer misery. But Ive been mad as hell for glitches in game that required gm help and were never responded to.

Though most bugs, can not be resolved by our In-game Support staff, Briteheart. They must be resolved at a developmental level and are best reported on the Bug Report forum.

There are some workarounds available to Game Masters on certain things but they are not common.

The blue response is, as last resort, to call their toll free number LOL. Plan to spend roughly 4 hours and use up ALL of your cell phone free minutes.

Of the two available phone numbers there is only Technical Support and Billing. In-Game Support does not answer the phone. It should also be mentioned that phone queues have been fairly quick for some time.

02/22/2011 10:40 PMPosted by Briteheart
I did indeed need a gm to get out of that repeated disconnect mess, but Im still angry the gm tried to blame my computer and my own knowledge instead of recognising that the character had edged into a phase they couldnt be in.

If the issue was new it may not have been known. Using the normal troubleshooting steps in such cases is always recommended first.

BTW, the Blizz response to this thread is full of boiler plate, which drives most of us up the wall. Please, just be human and respond.

I am a human, Briteheart, that is my response. Outside of the contact information I listed everything was typed by me. The reason you may believe that response to be "full of boiler plate" is perhaps because you believe the answer should be different. It isn't, finding new and fun ways of saying the exact same thing is pointless. If it is the truth, it is the truth, dressing it up and making it pretty doesn't change that fact.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#12 - Feb. 23, 2011, 6:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/22/2011 10:48 PMPosted by Darkmagishin
since december i have not spoke to a single gm in months. every time i fill out a ticket it is answered the instant i log off (even logging between characters)

Actually, online or off is irrelevant. They are not waiting for you to log out to respond. The majority of petitions are being addressed without speaking directly to you. It isn't usually necessary and in order to better address everyone and reduce overall queue times, unless it is necessary, you will likely not be contacted.

02/22/2011 10:53 PMPosted by Kaidiel
I'm happy that GM petition times aren't in the multiple-day range anymore, but they're still higher than I'd like. Just because the wait isn't insanely long doesn't mean that 14 hour response times have become ideal.

They are also higher than we'd like. Which seems to come as a surprise to many. We can not simply wave a magic wand and make them go away though. Additional staff, improvements to our methods and our tools have helped and we continue to make improvements to help more.