New Playable Faction?

#0 - Sept. 14, 2007, 11:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I would like to see a new playable faction in the upcoming expansion Wrath of the Lich King. With playable races from the lore of the game. I know it may not be in the future plans of Blizzard but I'm getting a little tired of playing horde and alliance. I like the new races and think the new hero class will add some freshness to the game but in my opinion a whole new faction would be so much better.

I would like to see the Narubians, Naga, Ogres, and yes maybe an off shoot of the murlocs to be playable in the near future. Nothing would satisfy me more than to make another players shutter as they hear my Gurrrrrrgle just before I ambush them. And the Lich King of course would make a great canidate for a Faction Leader. Not just some instance end boss. pfff..

Discuss.
#4 - Sept. 15, 2007, 12:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
While hearing murloc noises already makes me shudder, the Alliance and the Horde are a strong basis to build a story of conflict and war for players to experience and we have no plans at this time of adding a third playable faction. We are happy with the way the two factions are "interacting" in the game and plan to continue weaving the story around them.
#17 - Sept. 15, 2007, 12:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Only the Alliance and the Horde don't seem to do anything. For one, they are at war, but we are encouraged to keep the peace, and 2, Why can't any of the races seem to deal with those lvl 10-20's that are "at war" with them?

I've seen them doing plenty of things, including dealing with those specific NPCs, as I read through and completed quests.

The two factions may be "encouraged" to keep the peace by the racial leaders who have seen so much war. But there is so much distrust and built up hatred that the conflicts continue to cycle and peace might not be truly attainable. We will have to wait and see what war(craft) the future holds...