We need more than ONE major city please

#1 - Jan. 15, 2011, 5:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Could you please put the PvP and JP/VP vendors, Fishing and Cooking dailies, and the Cata portals in ALL of the major cities please. I can't stand Orgrimmar and barely tolerate SW on my alliance, but I am forced to either A) trek to Org from SMC or B) Make my home in this now lag infested city. It is a shame since the other cities are complete ghost towns now.

I just did a /who (and we have a higher Horde to Alliance ratio) and came up with:

Undercity - 11

Thunderbluff - 4

Silvermoon City - 6

Orgrimmar - Over 49 (Hundreds I am sure)

Didn't hop over to my Alliance account, but from what I have seen in the last few days, Exodar and Darnassus have at most five people at any given time. IF still has people there, but still MUCH lower than SW.

We have all of these great cities, can we NOT have them be empty wastes of space? :3

*edited to add fishing and cooking dailies
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#678 - Feb. 17, 2011, 8:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're doing a full NPC equalization in the next major patch to ensure each capital city has the same tradeskill, trainer, and supply resources. Hopefully to ensure that any city can be visited for the majority of uses.

We don't have any plans though to extend the dailies and portals in Stormwind and Orgrimmar to the other cities. They were specifically chosen as the main capital hubs for Cataclysm, and as such a lot of work went into updating and improving them knowing they would be the primary hubs, including new and redesigned areas for the dailies and portal hub.

In the same way that Dalaran or Shattrath were the main cities for their expansions, and housed unique quests and services, Stormwind and Orgrimmar are the main cities for Cataclysm.