Upcoming changes to Warriors in 2.3

#0 - Sept. 27, 2007, 1:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Here is a small list of changes to the Warrior class that are expected to be implemented in the next content patch:

• Weapon Mastery (Arms) now reduces duration of Disarm effects against you by 25/50% rather than giving you a 50% chance to avoid or full immunity to Disarm effects.
  • Devastate (Protection) now combines the effects of Sunder Armor into it's effect. It is also now affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor.
  • Tactical Mastery: This talent also now grants greatly increased threat from Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst when in Defensive Stance.
  • Mace Specialization (Arms) now has a reduced chance to occur but generates 7 rage instead of 6.
#1 - Sept. 27, 2007, 1:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Improved Devastate <3 I see this as a very nice change for this talent. :)
#163 - Sept. 28, 2007, 12:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Devastate (Protection) now combines the effects of Sunder Armor into it's effect. It is also now affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor.

can you explain a little this change? i'm not sure of what it means :D
maybe the innate value of threat of sunder is now the innate threat value of devastate?

In regards to threat generation, Sunder and Devastate are going to be about equal.

Basically it is like this: When you cast Devastate, the target will also receive the Sunder debuff, so if you spam Devastate you will also spam Sunder at the same time.
#165 - Sept. 28, 2007, 12:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Q u o t e:

# Tactical Mastery: This talent also now grants greatly increased threat from Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst when in Defensive Stance.

If 'greatly' means arms/fury warriors will be able to tank pug's when dd are not just wandig or using only an offhand weapon this is wonderul. My alt warrior will be able to do pve again as I couldn't be asked to respecc away from my arena build for a crappy blue equipped alt (-:

The threat generation is going to be very high, but not as high as shield slam. It’s going to be within the same realm though and you’ll still need/want Sunder.