[Guide] Brewfest

#0 - Oct. 4, 2007, 8:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post

((NOTE: Not all quests currently work, check status section beneath guide for details))

Ram Riding:

Basics - Riding the racing rams is easy, it just takes a bit of getting used to. To ride the rams you have to keep clicking on the reins in your inventory. The faster you click the faster you go.

Beware however, you get a "Ram Tiredness" Debuff the faster and longer you go, if that hits 100 then you'll be reduced to a painfully slow trot for 10 seconds. There are two ways to reduce the debuff:

a) When going slower, the debuff goes down on it's own - slowly
b) If you ride past a barrel of apples close enough and your Debuffs are below 100 then they will be reset to 0

Ram Riding Quest 1)

This quest basically allows you to practice on the rams, you must sustain each of the speeds your ram can do for 8 seconds each.

Ram Riding Quest 2)
The Daily "There and Back again" quest. This quest has you delivering barrels to and from Kharanos. The first time you complete the quest you simply have to deliver 3 but the second time (and each time thereafter) you can deliver as many as you can in the 3 minutes you have the ram.

(note: After the first time you will not see a quest exclamation mark, you muct talk to the npc and ask "Do you need any more help with the barrel deliveries" or sumsuch.)

This quest is repeatable once every 12 hours and yields tickets per barrel delivered so time is of the essence. The best strategy I've found so far is to take as straight a route as possible, making sure you hit both apple barrels on the way there and back (there is one on the bridge and one just past the Barrel thrower in Kharanos.

Barking Quests.

Now, the Festival has different breweries contending to be the best. Another way to get tickets is to become a spam bot, Umm I mean Barker for them. Choose the quest from the brewers of your choice (it's a daily quest so you can do one a day, but that's one a day in total not one per brewer per day) and as soon as you accept you will have 3 minutes to ride by all 4 flags in IF. I recommend an anti-clockwise route after going in the left hand door to IF and across the bridge. You do however have to pace yourself, there are no apples in IF so be careful.

(note: You do NOT have to /yell /bark or anything like that at the flags, just ride past them, please save our ears and don't flood my chat screen any more than you have to)

Ellek Quest!

Simple as pie. After attaining the quest you will be given a gnomish gun that can shoot Elleks. Simply go out to the Beer Gardens in Stormwind, The Exodar and Darnassus (it's out the back of Darnassus by where the owl seller is) and shoot 3 Elleks in each location (select the Ellek and activate the gun). Just bear in mind that in order to see and target them, your character needs to be drunk!

Wolpertinger!!!
Want an odd pet that only you and people that are drunk can see? Of course you do.

Simply accept the quest, you will be given a net with 12 charges. You then need to go and collect 5 Wolpertingers. In order to see them you need to be so drunk that it says in chat that you are "completely smashed". You will then have so much time to run around, find a live one and net it. Repeat until you have 5. This is made slightly more difficult by the fact that being this drunk allows you to see everyone else's Wolpertingers, that you can't catch. The best way I found therefore to find a wild one is to run around pressing tab until you find one you can target.

Fending off the Dark Iron Dwarfs
Ok, hit them as soon as you see them, when you get to 25 you can redeem tickets for the ones you hit and keep going. They spawn for 5 minutes every hour on te half hour. To start throwing mugs simply /wave one of the barkers who will throw you one, then target a dwarf and use the mug to throw, the barker will throw you a new mug automatically (no need to /wave again). Stay near ish the redeemer npc and redeem when you have 24-25 then go again for the best rate of redemption.

Getting a Mug from the Dark Irons
After a Dark Iron attack there may be some "Dark Iron Sabotage Plans" that drop. If so you can use them to attain a quest. Quite simply you need to go and find Coren Direbrew who is in the Grim Guzzler in BRD. For your trouble you will get a lvl 54 off hand mug that you can drink from.

Below is the current status of each and every Brewfest Quest (If I've missed any please let me know).

Hopefully we will get a blue notice at some point soon giving us fix ETAs (I can hope can't I) but until then this is the state of play in one easy digestible post.

(Quest) Now this is Ram Riding... Almost
Working 100% as far as I can see

(Quest - 1/2Daily) There and back again

(Quest - Turn in) Did Someone Say, "Souvenir?"

(Quest) Pink Elekks on Parade
Mostly now working. Was originally not allowing people to take itt, although this problem seems to have lessened some people can still not take the quest at all.
Has acted like a Daily quest on some servers allowing repeats but this is NOT a daily quest (If you've done it twice yoy're lucky). Everyone now seems to be able to complete this once at least now.

(Quest) Catch the Wild Wolpertinger
Working 100% as far as I can see, and my Wolpertinger ain't half cute ;)

(Quest - Hourly) Fend off the Dark Iron Dwarfs
Currently disabled. Was taken down due to instability issues it created. This may or may not be related to the number of /wave emotes people were spamming during the event to recieve the required mug ammo (only 1 emote was needed but not everyone realised that). This quest is offline indeffinatly until a stability fix can be made.

(Quest) Seek the Saboteurs
Due to the Dark Iron event no longer taking place this quest is now not attainable

(Quest - Daily) Bark for.....
The "Barking" quests seem to be bugged on most servers. They should act as a simple "go to point a, then b, etc" quest and activate your "bark" when you pass the flags in IF/OG however this seems 100% down on every server I have heard from.
Update: as of Fri 5th Oct AM, this seems to be now working fine on my server due to a hotfix at 05:00. Let me know if it's still bugged on your server.

Ticket issues:
Due to the removal of the Dark Iron attacks Blizz stated that they had increased the ticket drops on the "There and back again" and "Barking" quests. This does seem an odd gesture however as the increase to the "There and back again" quest was minimal (from 2 tickets per barrel to 3) and the "Barking" quests are still broken as to be un-completable.

FAQ:

Q) Is there any ETA on fixes?

A) Not as yet

Q) What is the best way to get the most tickets for now?

A) For now, complete The Ellek Quest as well as the "Now that's Ram Riding...... Almost" quests. Then ensure you do the "There and back again" quest every 12 hours. Do however insure you do the Ellek quest now just in case they put the ticket reward for the quest back down once they fix the other quests (You may also want to try and see if you can attain the quest more than once in case you get lucky).

Q) Will Blizzard extend Brewfest or reduce the cost of the rewards due to this?

A) We don't as yet know. I daresay it depends on how fast they fix the quests.

Q) Are the Goggle quest rewards 7 day limited or permanent?

A) They currently say 7 days limited in game but have since been changed to permanent items, the limited text will be removed next patch

Q) Are the ram rewards really permanent?

A) Yes :)

Q) Doesn't this festival promote inappropriate drinking?

A) Oh get over yourself
#4 - Oct. 4, 2007, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nice work, Jinni :)
#5 - Oct. 4, 2007, 9:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Nice guide thanks, a thing on the pink elekks. A blue poster said some could do it twice since they made a reset of the quest so those that already done it could do it again. Cant link it though, sorry.

Edit: not enough sleep for me...
Nethaera posted that it was reset at some point, I think last night. This resulted in some people being able to do it twice. But it was a one time thing.
#7 - Oct. 4, 2007, 9:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Question

Why did such untested tat as these quests get into the finished game?

Answer

Um.. er... ah.. hmm..

Stuff goes wrong sometimes. Just like irl.
#10 - Oct. 4, 2007, 9:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thanks my bouncy goblin friend :)

I don't suppose you guys are getting any news through from the Devs in the US about rough ETAs yet? Or any news that you can tell us whatsoever?

We just want an indication that it's been handled is all. I'm sure you can understand. This holiday could be so very amazing if only it worked.

Haven't seen any news yet, I'm afraid. But I know what you mean, I'm hoping to get enough tickets for that mount ;)
#13 - Oct. 4, 2007, 9:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Same here. Altho I want some goggles too :)

Eh well, I'll cross my fingers for you guys getting some info from the US tomorrow (when they wake up of course) :)

You're on the late shift aint ya?

At home. Just can't stay away from all the good folks on here ;)
#15 - Oct. 4, 2007, 9:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You've basically just told us there isn't going to be any extra ticket gain for the Event's duration, and those who didn't stay up all night on the first day spamming for tickets are %%#@ outta' luck.

Your powers of deduction astound even me..