Downloader issue on Vista

#1 - Feb. 14, 2011, 9:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I just attempted to get back into WoW and I ran into some problems that required me to uninstall the game and attempt to reinstall it. Everything went fine until I tried to download the client software off of Blizzard's site. At first the downloader (the initial client download that is) could not connect to the internet and/or get past my firewall. After granting every Warcraft and Blizzard related program permissions and opening the required ports it still could not download properly, it only sat at the searching for internet connection for a long while. When I tried to reopen the client download my computer would attempt to process the task for maybe three seconds and then simply stop loading anything. Has anyone ever ran into this happening? If so I would appreciate any help you could offer, just let me know if you need more information from me. Thanks in advance!
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#2 - Feb. 14, 2011, 10:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Dikastis

What security programs do you have installed?

Try this:

Some proxy settings may interfere with a download or with connecting to the game. Please open up Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" then "Internet Options". Now go to the "Connections" tab and click on the button that says "LAN settings". Make sure that "Automatically detect settings" is checked, and that you are not using a proxy server. Click "OK."

Then test to see if this helped. Let me know what happens.
If you can't find a resolution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 12PM to 8Pm Pacific Time
Feel free to rate my services at the following link: https://www.surveymk.com/s/RZ289DL