Update: Priest - Focused Will

#0 - Oct. 30, 2007, 4:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The new discipline talent, focused will, has been redesigned. Once the next data push to the public test realms occur, upon taking a critical hit you gain the focused will effect, which will reduce all damage taken by 1/2/3% and increase healing effects on you by 2/4/6% for 6 seconds, and will stacks up to five times.

Constructive feedback welcome, all other feedback need not apply.
#21 - Oct. 30, 2007, 4:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I actually want to add that I'll be reading this thread, gathering your initial thoughts and feedback pre-PTR and of course after. Also, constructive and well thought-out discussions not directed at "Blizzard" have merit too from where I stand -- i.e player to player discussions on the subject . It's the combination of both that really make a big difference when gathering feedback.

You can express your hate of me in the many other threads, but please use this for what it's intended -- trust me it's beneficial to you.
#50 - Oct. 30, 2007, 4:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How about this.

Focused will
After taking a critical hit from a spell or melee attack, gives you 100% casting pushback resistance and clears all counterspell effects. this effect lasts 6 seconds.

While I do like that you're providing positive feedback, for now it's best that what you offer isn't a complete redesign of the talent.
#65 - Oct. 30, 2007, 4:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I agree that the individual charges are too weak and it's necessary to stack them too many times to make the talent truly worthwhile. I'd rather see the charge strength doubled and the stack limit halved.

Keep in mind, the public test realms will reveal quite a bit. Good feedback though as far as initial reaction, as I know without getting your hands on an ability it's harder to see how it might pan out.
#147 - Oct. 30, 2007, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Are you actually goint to have the time and willingness to change it after it gets pushed to the PTR, or are we going to get 'baby steps' toward fixing it for the next year?

I'm happy to see some communication and redesigns, honest. But past experience has taught some of us better.

Please remove the stacking mechanic, it totally defeats the purpose of this talent (survivability cushion after taking a crit). I don't need to spend a bunch of time on the PTR testing this to understand that.

I'm not trying to call you out because I think it's great you responded, but think your response through and see how you can make it better (in terms of having an impact on the mechanic itself). I will say the following -

Q u o t e:
Are you actually goint to have the time and willingness to change it after it gets pushed to the PTR, or are we going to get 'baby steps' toward fixing it for the next year?. I'm happy to see some communication and redesigns, honest. But past experience has taught some of us better.

There is a time and place for skepticism, and this is not the time. With that being said, we just redesigned the talent after feedback was gathered from it being on the public test realms for a very short amount of time. At the very least, concerning this talent we earned a small window of open-minded feedback. [/quote]

Your final comment has some real problems, not just in wording or content, but where your mind is -- in terms of many other human elements -- perhaps you won't accept that but I'm being honest and my goal is to help you.
#188 - Oct. 30, 2007, 4:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What a garbage talent. If you get crit 5 times you wont be alive most likely.

While it may make you feel good to speak your mind, however, if you really care about making impovements, provide less negative feedback, provide more substance, and be very careful to make assumptions, especially when they don't appear to be thought out well. In short, your response reads as a snapshot judgments and even well beyond World of Warcraft -- I've never seen snapshot judgements that accomplished anything, except unnecessary hurt.

Words like "garbage" have NO place in feedback threads even if we're discussing a 41-holy talent that increased your smite damage, and required that you place 20 points in shadow.
#245 - Oct. 30, 2007, 5:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Well regardless, does this mean that Discipline has officially become our "PvP Survivability Tree"?

I'm going to make a post concerning discipline in Wrath of the Lich King today. Though what I'm going to say will be vague, I do think it will be somewhat insightful.
#269 - Oct. 30, 2007, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

SO basically "Guys in Irvine" gets payed millions of dollars to hire guys to sit around and think up idea's that go against their own game mechanics.

"Guys in Irvine" may care about priests, but they sent us the Special Ed Devs. (IT RHYMES)

You post in ignorance and are offensive, friend. You also seem jaded and bitter (bitterness is very unhealthy). Seriously, I'm going to have an eye kept on your account post history. If you want to continue being an active member of the forum community, your attitude, behavior and level of respect are going to need to change.
#319 - Oct. 30, 2007, 5:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Would love to see responses to Positive feedback

Well, I've made comments on positive feedback as well. This thread has been up for 90 minutes and I'm pleased with what I've chosen to respond to, and what I provided thus far. More responses from me will be incoming, but in all honesty I'm going to be more focused on gathering and providing the positive feedback to use in an open discussion with the class designers later today.

That's much more important to me right now than adding my blue tag of approval to such posts. I am after all only a lowly CM that has zero to do with the game's development and so lazy I do nothing. Oh, also I'm a liar -- rememeber? :P
#366 - Oct. 30, 2007, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

How could he know that? Again, he's not a developer. He doesn't know if they've decided against something or if they've even considered anything else than what's already been on the PTR.

As for sharing his experience, guess what happened when he did such a thing on the Shaman forums?

I'm definitely not a developer, however, work extremely closely with the design team (and have for years now). I'm privy to all design information. This is obviously also true for the entire community team. We sometimes have restrictions on posting certain information based on a lead designers decision, and in some cases public relations. Most often times though, it's our team that is being careful with what, how and when we post information. Our reasons are always to the benefit of the overall community whether it's realized or not.

Concerning what you've quoted, I'm not responding to trolls. By our definition, a troll is defined as one whose primary goal is to create unrest. That's not been the case with anyone I've replied too. My goals in responding to those players which you're no doubt calling trolls is to help them find the right path. Those providing invaluable feedback are already there, and thus have already made an impact.

Lastly, I'll continue to share my personal experience. I love the game, how could I not. There is a time and place, however.
#382 - Oct. 30, 2007, 5:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

at least you have a sense of humor.

But in all honesty, the only positive feedback that you have said anything to were within the first couple pages or so. There have been some creative ideas (and more flames :( ) in these further pages as well.

Might i difer you to the bottom of page 9 to a suggestion I don' t think is OP, and very fitting to our class.

Please read a portion of my latest reply.

"Concerning what you've quoted, I'm not responding to trolls. By our definition, a troll is defined as one whose primary goal is to create unrest. That's not been the case with anyone I've replied too. My goals in responding to those players which you're no doubt calling trolls is to help them find the right path. Those providing invaluable feedback are already there, and thus have already made an impact."

It's fine if you want to doubt my ability to do my job effectively, or "hate everything about the way I choose to be" but the bottom line is, how does it really help this discussion...
#412 - Oct. 30, 2007, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The best thing about Focused Will is that it caused a CM to post in the Priest forums and take our feedback.

I've posted a few times here recently, and have been actively reading this forum along with many others for quite some time. My goal though has been to begin providing some active attention on the priest boards. If you research my post history you will find that I'm spreading love and attention around to the many "non-general" forums and will continue to do so, focusing on whatever I feel is most in need of active responses.
#444 - Oct. 30, 2007, 6:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I think you're are mixing me up with someone else. I have said nothing about trolls. I don't disagree with most of what you say... And I definately don't want you to put me on ignore or worse. My last post was a positive one towards you. Simply pointing out that maybe you might have missed some really good ideas <------------------ way.

I wasn't confusing you, but probably should've only included the specific portion that was in response to your first comment. This portion:

"My goals in responding to those players which you're no doubt calling trolls is to help them find the right path. Those providing invaluable feedback are already there, and thus have already made an impact."

Obviously you should mentally remove the targeting comments as those were for another poster. The last sentence was really all I wanted to convey to you.

Q u o t e:
And of course you will get those people that are constantly flaming. From our point of view though, we would rather not have you reply to posts from such people (or to this post either), and perhaps say you like an idea or not (if you are allowed to do that). Majority of us would like to give you positive info, but due to your responses, we feel that you are just reading the negative stuff. We would rather hear your responses to the positive stuff :D

I disagree that the majority feel this way. I don't disagree that some feel this way, which is why I made the above comment and reposted it to address your concern. You'll see more of me, and not just in this thread. Like I said, my goal right now has been to help those most in need. That is to say, those who aren't providing valuable feedback, and are obviously quite capable.

Q u o t e:
P.S. I, by no means was trying to ridicule, be rude, or flame in any other way. Was just wanting to hear what you think about our ideas...... Especially, I think I suggested a really good 41 point talent switch idea (it may suck, just wondering if I should leave it alone or not).

I never once thought a negative thing about you. I'm sorry it appeared that such was not the case or I came off offensive and/or defensive. Much is lost in translation and because I've been reading every response in this thread, and replying to many, as a result writing quicker than I usually do when posting on the boards.