GM's and their abilities. Was this nessecary

#1 - Feb. 10, 2011, 5:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Long story short we're on Al'akir and I dc during phase 3. When i log back in I'm beneath the platform and it wont let me rez. Trying every trick in the book (unstuck button, reload ui, relog, etc) The only thing left to do was get a GM and wait.

GM comes in about 2 mins and asks what he can do for me. I tell him I'm dead and need to be sent to the graveyard. after another min he tells me I don't appear to be dead. after another 3 or 4 mins I'm finally able to release, but meanwhile I'm being tossed around and Al'Akir is now floating in between his platform and the entrance platform and is unable to be attacked.

The GM says there is nothing he can do about it and we have to do a soft reset. This wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for the fact that soft resets take 30 mins and we only had 25 mins before the raid gets called.

I'm assuming it was the GM that put Al'Akir where he was because I've never seen or heard of him doing that by himself. And if the GM can put him there why is he/she unable to reset him? And why was Al'Akir put there in the first place?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#8 - Feb. 10, 2011, 5:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/09/2011 9:04 PMPosted by Manbær
I'm assuming it was the GM that put Al'Akir where he was because I've never seen or heard of him doing that by himself.

If the NPC was experiencing an issue it is possible that the Game Master could have tried to poke him to allow him to reset. That may or may not work.

Otherwise, though a Game Master may be able to bump an NPC or even despawn it altogether they are not able to create bosses in the event of an issue occurring.

The group leader can try resetting the instance through the interface but otherwise a soft reset is usually the only viable option available.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#9 - Feb. 10, 2011, 5:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/09/2011 9:36 PMPosted by Destruct
lol we got a wannabe GM here guys!

No, Destruct, what you have is someone is attempting to help and provide information regarding what happened.

Do not troll this forum.