White War Talbuk

#1 - Feb. 9, 2011, 2:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Can someone please explain why my White War talbuk lost his blue horns and feet, this was my favorite mount and now it looks stupid. They mess with my favorite clases, screw with the mounts that have been that way since BC. Seriously I would like to know who is calling the shots now, Cata has been full of dissapointments and let down. Im quitting this game because i know the cool people who managed the game in bc are long gone.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#236 - Feb. 10, 2011, 3:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Woah there! Hold your horses (or talbuks, as the case may be).

While not exactly a bug (the opposite, actually), this change to the White War Talbuk wasn't intentional. The current plan is to revert the White War Talbuk to its original, shiny blue hoof and horned state at the earliest opportunity.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#273 - Feb. 10, 2011, 4:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There's no real conflict, actually. According to the best information the Customer Service poster in EU had, it was a bug (true) which was fixed (also true). We're not generally in the habit of unintentionally fixing bugs, so that was an easy inference to make. In this particular and very unusual case, it was an unintentional fix, though, and we want the blue coloration to persist.

Perhaps that clarifies things a bit?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#335 - Feb. 10, 2011, 7:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Daxxarri, was the change to withers unintentional too?
Teldrassil sproutling?

They both had different models, and I believe now share the same model, both different than before.

The issue where all treant models share the same texture (including Withers and the Teldrassil Sproutling) is something we're aware of and we're hoping to resolve soon.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#348 - Feb. 10, 2011, 10:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post

The original colors for hooves and horns was caused by a bug. They fixed the bug on accident, and are reverting it back because they liked it with the bug.

Correct! We discovered that the wrong texture had been applied to the White War Talbuks horns n hooves, but since we liked it, and you guys liked it, and it felt like a good fit for the art design in Outland, we decided to keep it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#364 - Feb. 11, 2011, 2:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Personally I think the new skin looks great.

As it happens, you'll get to enjoy the new textures for a bit longer. Since this issue isn't something that can be hotfixed, we currently expect the talbuk to return to its former state with a future patch.

Nether ray has been broken for 2 patches now :\

We plan to resolve the issues with the nether ray mounts in a future patch as well.