Who do you target when healing?

#0 - Nov. 12, 2007, 7:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm trying to improve my instance healing techniques. I have a couple of questions.

1. What do you normally keep targeted? The tank, the focus target so you can see who has aggro, or do you switch around?

2. What heals do you have bound, and to what keys? Do you use the party member keybinds? Have you remapped them?

Descriptions of how you use your setup would also be appreciated. For example, do you generally target first then heal, or activate the heal then target?

Thanks!
#6 - Nov. 15, 2007, 8:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm trying to improve my instance healing techniques. I have a couple of questions.

1. What do you normally keep targeted? The tank, the focus target so you can see who has aggro, or do you switch around?

2. What heals do you have bound, and to what keys? Do you use the party member keybinds? Have you remapped them?

Descriptions of how you use your setup would also be appreciated. For example, do you generally target first then heal, or activate the heal then target?

Thanks!

If I'm assigned a tank or off-tank, I stick on them. If a caster such as a mage or warlock needs to do some AoE damage, I'll do what I can to keep them going via shields, renews and larger heals. I like Prayer of Mending for general healing and will cast it on the tank first to start the hops.
#11 - Nov. 15, 2007, 8:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think the biggest problem most priests have is not being prepared to move while healing.

These days most every encounter involves healers moving. So, please, do yourself a favor and always play in a way that allows fast movement!

Anticipating the move and planning out using hots can be a smart plan.
#48 - Nov. 16, 2007, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

link to ur armory so there can be some sort of way to know that ur actually good, thanks.

I don't need you to tell me if I am or not. I just need for those that I'm healing to still be standing upright when the fight is over. ;)