3000. Re: New GCD, post disagreements here.

#0 - Nov. 16, 2007, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
BOOO ON THE THREAD CAP! BOOOO

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2856225038&sid=1&pageNo=151

COntinue here?
#123 - Nov. 16, 2007, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We’re continuing to read reports and feedback, and we’ve recently applied a hotfix that should make it easier to chain cast spells without seeing the “Another action is in progress” or “Spell is not ready yet” messages at the end of casting.

That was just part of the fix; the other part has to be addressed client-side and requires a patch.

The fix that's in the patch is to address players getting the “Spell is not ready yet” when spamming at the beginning of a cast. This message happens instead of just seeing a quick ‘click’ of the spell, which doesn’t affect DPS, but certainly changes the feel of playing as if something has gone wrong. The patch with this other part of the fix will be available on the PTRs within the next week.

We really want everyone to get on the PTR when it does go live, test the changes, and report their findings on the Test Realm forum. We’re continuing to read reports, test the issue internally, and want to reach a resolution that addresses the concerns.
#196 - Nov. 17, 2007, 12:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post

It is being worked on, both server side changes (some of which have already shipped) as well as client side changes targeted for 2.3.2.

The issue is not being ignored.

#416 - Nov. 17, 2007, 5:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A question was raised earlier about patch numbering when I mentioned "2.3.2".

You might have noticed that we never shipped a Patch "2.2.1". We reserve the ".1" label internally for possible patches to resolve issues of the serious-emergency category - for example, a crash bug affecting 90% of players, or a security lapse, there are a few other categories that we would use an ".1" patch for, and usually if there is a .1 patch it would happen very quickly as in next day or same-week after the original release.

The x.2 patch is reserved for the next tier of issues. We understand that this GCD timing issue is vexing and we're continuing to work on it. Since we don't (to my knowledge) have a 2.3.1 patch coming out, the first update to this will be called 2.3.2 and that's what I was referring to.

#1004 - Nov. 21, 2007, 7:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Blizzard can we please get a response on this issue. I know that several melee in our guild are frustrated over this issue. A response and some direction from Blizzard would go a long way.

Sure. The issue is still receiving developer attention - some changes have already been placed on the server side in recent restarts, and additional client side changes will appear in 2.3.2. 2.3.2 will be available for an evaluation on PTR as with any other patch. 2.3.2 will be the first patch out after 2.3.0.

#1021 - Nov. 21, 2007, 9:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I am sorry if the GCD changes are needed for some upcoming changes but this needs to be fixed now. Just put it back the way it was and find a different way to do whatever it is you need to do later instead of trying to come up with a fix that will both keep the GCD changes and fix the problems. Then for 2.3.2 or even 2.4 you can rebring out the (hopefully fixed) new GCD changes again.

It's broke, you knew it, don't fix it, put it back and fix it later! Maybe you will think better after a vacation and some turkey!

It's a request we have seen in a few forms but it is not technically possible to do (at least not in a way that would require even more testing delays), which is why this avenue is not being pursued.
#1034 - Nov. 21, 2007, 11:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Any dates on when this will be on the PTR?

Today.
#1230 - Nov. 28, 2007, 5:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I have quality videos, and will send them to anyone at blizz. Hosting high rez quality videos requires 1gb + hosting. I have no clue where to post something that size.

Perhaps you could post a link in the Bug forum for the folks there to be able to go take a look?