Bandaging in raiding (not situational)

#1 - Feb. 3, 2011, 10:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Has any of you devised a strategy to use bandaging effectively in raiding? I don't mean situationally (e.g. "one time I had to do it and survived). I mean in a relatively regular fashion.

I suspect it's hard since you'd have "why not healer do their job?" but I don't know, what if healers are engaged in doing other stuff etc.
Forum Avatar
Community
#14 - Feb. 4, 2011, 9:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is an interesting question... I'll add my own personal 2cp.

Aside from the obvious bandage on Chimaeron as others point out, I also make it a point to bandage in the transition between phase 1 and 2 on Nefarian to help my healers out in getting topped off before the lava rises.

For other encounters, it depends a little bit how much above the dps minimum cap we are. For example, there are fights where I know we are far above the required minimum, and if healers are struggling, or something unexpected happens, I might bandage (perhaps even only half duration) to help out. Other situations could be where one of the raid healers got killed, and is in the process of being combat resurrected.

In the end it boils down to if I think bandaging up will be beneficial to the raid or not.