Update Vendors Please!

#1 - Feb. 2, 2011, 3:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Mammoth Mount!
I would love love LOVE if we could upgrade the vendors to sell level 85 food and water.
If someone or a blue has posted this somewhere with information please link.
I have yet to find anything about this. :(
Any response would be awesome! TY!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Feb. 4, 2011, 12:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The multi-seater mammoths have a very Northrend-specific feel to them, so we don't necessarily want to just straight update their vendors. We like the idea of having mounts with usable vendors in general, though, and are looking into the possibility of adding new ones in the future (ones that would provide higher level food and drinks). There are already a few ideas incubatin', but nothing that we can reveal just yet.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - Feb. 4, 2011, 1:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Translation: You wasted your gold on an item that is usable for that expansion only. We have no plans to update the vendors for that mount, we would instead prefer that you waste more gold for the newest mount coming this expansion (maybe).

Your gold wasn't spent needlessly. The multi-seater mammoth mounts still have a fast run speed, can hold up to three passengers, and allow nearby players to sell and repair their items. That functionality is available to everyone, regardless of when the mount is or was purchased.

I can understand if my response wasn't what you wanted to hear, though. That's completely understandable. We're open to your feedback and want to hear if you feel differently. In the meantime, warped interpretations of our text aren't really necessary and don't tell us much about why you disagree.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - Feb. 4, 2011, 1:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/03/2011 5:03 PMPosted by Pup
Three passengers? Mine might be missing a seat. Unless that's counting the driver.

Yeah, I was counting the driver. Which isn't really a passenger, because the driver is a driver. Not a passenger. Sometimes.