Ummmm why was megatf banned anyway?

#0 - March 10, 2008, 11:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
all i heard was he swore.....someone shed some light on this.
#5 - March 10, 2008, 9:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I realize he was a respected member of the hunter forums, and represented a very successful player for the hunter class, so I'll chime in here to clarify as much as I can.

We can't divulge any information regarding disciplinary action unless it's to the person that has had action taken against them, so specific reasoning isn't something I can give. I can however tell you that it's a temporary suspension from the forums, which has no bearing on his access to the game. Forum and in-game warnings and suspensions are not tied in any way, they're completely separated in that regard.

It's normal procedure when dealing with specific types of posts to moderate them in such a way as to remove all posts made from that account. This was one of those cases, and unfortunately it may have resulted in some informational or otherwise useful posts being removed. We apologize if that's the case and hope those threads have been archived in some way.

I'll close by saying that the moderation action was taken for a specific reason, there was no amount of hard feelings or animosity involved with any statements that he may have made. If you look around you can see that we're not just suspending people for saying something generically negative about a class, skill, etc. I'll be bluntly honest and say that I doubt the moderators have any idea who he is, but I can at least verify that the reasoning for the suspension taking place was appropriate and standard for the type of offense in-question.
#36 - March 10, 2008, 10:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So does this mean that you won't be putting these posts back, though they may have been stickied and well used? If so I think that's what I'd be angry about. Megatf, rule breaker or not, made some very useful guides, and they should be back where they belong, helping the hunter community.

Right, we have no ability to replace those posts as there's no function that would have archived them. The nuke process, which removes all posts made by an account, is a single-click with a single confirmation process. Obviously the moderator had no idea the stickies were created by the same account or I am sure there would have been some attempt to ensure they remained intact. Considering what I would assume was a very hectic pace of moderating during that time though, I'm not completely shocked that it happened. Creating additional work for our moderators only works to hurt the community overall.

As I said though, hopefully the stickies were archived by Megatf or someone else.
#142 - March 10, 2008, 11:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So, fire that Moderator since he just took away a lot of information that the paying customers are angry about that info being taken.

It's no ones fault besides those that break the Forum Code of Conduct for the loss of their posting privileges and posts.

It's unfortunate some of his posts contained useful information, but if his intent was to help and serve the community it would have been wise to obey the rules. Everyone slips up though, hopefully he comes back and continues to be a positive influence.