07/12 Dungeon Finder Tool Mini-FAQ

#0 - Dec. 7, 2009, 12:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Will the random heroic search have the option of excluding certain Heroic instances?
The dungeon finder will not let you exclude a specific instance, however - if you have already run a specific dungeon it is much less likely that the random heroic search will place you in the same dungeon again (on the same day).

Will players still need to purchase keys to queue for TBC heroics?
The tool complies with all standard requirements for entering a heroic dungeon. For example, if you log into the game right after 3.3 is released and queue for a random heroic dungeon, you will not be placed in instances such as Icecrown Citadel - Pit of Saron or Halls of Reflection unless you have cleared all the pre-requisites (previous wings in those cases) to unlock said instance entering (i.e. you must still clear Forge of Souls to enter Pit of Saron, and Pit of Saron to enter Halls of Reflection).

Is it true that players will no longer be saved to heroics? Does this mean players can chain farm heroics for Champion's Seals?
The Heroic lockouts still exist, however the difference is that the random heroic option will ignore any potential lockouts a player might have. This means that even if you run every single WotLK heroic dungeon in a day, you can still choose the random heroic option to continue running WotLK heroics that day. As mentioned above though, the heroic dungeons you have run the most that day will be the least likely to be randomly selected for your continued play by the dungeon finder system.

Does this mean that raid-lockouts are unaffected and you can enter multiple raid instances through the random heroic dungeon finder?
The new dungeon finder is designed only for 5 man dungeons, and the lockouts and accessibility to raid content remains unchanged/unaffected by the "override" in heroic instance lockouts for 5 man dungeons.
#1 - Dec. 7, 2009, 1:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=21626383487&pageNo=1&sid=1#6
#7 - Dec. 7, 2009, 3:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How is this implemented?

Let's say for example, that someone who uses that tool for the first time has a chance of X% for each dungeon, the tool places him to VH, he ends it up successfully.
After that, he uses the tool again.
You're saying that he has a chance for (X-n)% for VH and (X+m) for all other instances?
What are the actual X, n, m numbers?
This isn't the sort of information we tend to disclose about such in-game tools. Nevertheless, we can assure you that the development team have split the numbers equally across all the eligible heroics (including The Oculus, I'm afraid :P )
Q u o t e:
Alright, but what would happen if a player leaves a random dungeon just because he hates that dungeon so much (occulus in my case, the last boss is just a nightmare for most groups so I refuse to run it nowadays). I suppose there is like a lockout, but for how long? and if you join for a random dungeon again is the new dungeon then the same as the one you didn't want to run or just random? And do you also lose the random dungeon bonus if you leave the dungeon you don't like (I am refering to the emblems of frost here ofcourse)?
These are good questions that currently have no concrete answers we can give you. We have asked the question internally so perhaps we can get some more information on that.
Q u o t e:
do this mean i can get like 300 emblems per day using the random heroic function?
There is no upper limit at present, however, there are constraints such as 'waking hours' to consider. :)
Q u o t e:
So this topic confirms that patch 3.3 is this week =D
Does it? :)
#9 - Dec. 7, 2009, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How come the only concrete information people get when asking questions comes from US forums...
Sweeping generalisation, much? :)
Q u o t e:
...and everything else we happen to see here is mainly reposting?
This isn't very clear, confusing parts highlighted.

I will bite though (albeit the last time in this thread on this specific subject ), and in doing so refer you to the following thread - http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=7912982253&pageNo=1&sid=1#1
#13 - Dec. 7, 2009, 10:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Are you implying that you have EVER posted anything new and/or relevant regarding the game mechanics or upcoming content(and I'm not talking here about fluff), before it appeared in the US first?
That is correct. Sadly I don't track these events, but I've been on the English Community Team the least amount of time and have posted information before our US counterparts on countless times, so I speak for us all when I say 'we do get world firsts'. When something like this happens it goes unremembered, it's always the way. When we have weeks with no maintenance downtime, or when maintenance ends on the minute (or early!) these events aren't recorded by the forum community. When something goes awry then it's remembered for eternity. It's human nature. :)

My apologies for trolling you a bit. I admit I could have been less blunt -- but when our work is challenged, and when we post something as honest as 'not sure about that right now, will try and get back to you' and we're dragged over coals for it, you would get a little antsy too I think. :) You too have to remember that Zarhym is in the same building as the people who can answer these questions.

Back on topic from here on in.