Ret pallys in WOTLK

#0 - April 9, 2008, 12:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I suppose there have been made topics about this before, but I haven't been able to find any. Browsing mmo-champion today, I saw this from the US forums : http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5780978372&postId=57803483311&sid=1#11

Notice the blue post in that thread : " We have mentioned in the past that we would like to improve Retribution Paladins in Wrath of the Lich King, we just don't have a lot of specific details to release regarding this right now. We did say we plan on changing how their abilities work to share gear with warriors which will help make it easier for them to gear up though."

Sharing gear with warriors? What is this going to do to us in terms of mana efficiency? Should we take this as a sign that they are finally going to do something about our mana issues? Is there reason to start hoping they will give us the deliverance we've waited for all this time? ;P

At least this made me curious as to how ret pallys are going to evolve as soon as WOTLK is released, even if it is a while until it's finished.
#6 - April 9, 2008, 1:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I suppose there have been made topics about this before, but I haven't been able to find any. Browsing mmo-champion today, I saw this from the US forums : http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5780978372&postId=57803483311&sid=1#11

Notice the blue post in that thread : " We have mentioned in the past that we would like to improve Retribution Paladins in Wrath of the Lich King, we just don't have a lot of specific details to release regarding this right now. We did say we plan on changing how their abilities work to share gear with warriors which will help make it easier for them to gear up though."

Blue tagging this to make sure that more people will see it. :-)

Things will indeed change for Retribution Paladins in Wrath of the Lich King, but as Bornakk said, we don't have a lot of specifics available to share with you at this point in time.

Q u o t e:
Sharing gear with warriors? What is this going to do to us in terms of mana efficiency? Should we take this as a sign that they are finally going to do something about our mana issues? Is there reason to start hoping they will give us the deliverance we've waited for all this time? ;P

What was said was that the developers plan to change how the abilities of Retribution Paladins will work, which will make it easier to gear up due to the possibilities of sharing gear with Warriors. Although we have little information beyond this, this may also serve as an interpretation that Retribution Paladin mana issues should be less of a concern after WotLK.

It is still a little too soon to speculate however, but rest assured that we will keep you informed as soon as new updates become available :-)

Q u o t e:
At least this made me curious as to how ret pallys are going to evolve as soon as WOTLK is released, even if it is a while until it's finished.

I am sure that many will be sharing your curiosity :-)