Problem logging into realm

#0 - April 16, 2008, 2:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I got an email from blizzard saying that my account was now able to log into the tournamnet realms, it took a little while for them to get my essay submisison i guess, but even tho i recieved the email yesterday i am still unable to log into the tournament realms. Any help or suggestions on who to talk to would be much appreciated.
#3 - April 17, 2008, 8:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is this problem still occurring?
#5 - April 18, 2008, 5:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I was contacted by a Blizzard support through email, he is able to verify that my account is registered. However, as of April 17, 2008 11:41am, the in-game tournament tab still isn't working, and I have emailed him back a screenshot and this forum post link.

I just tried again, as of April 17, 2008 12:32pm, the in-game tournament tab still isn't selectable for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update (April 17, 2008 04:05pm)

I got another email from support detailing a method to resolve this issue:

"If you are unable to select the tournament realms, I do have a troubleshooting step that may help. Please login to your Account Management page at www.worldofwarcraft.com/account, and when you are in Account Management, please select to change your password. After you have changed your password successfully, logout of Account Management, and try logging back into the game."

I am now able to select the tournament tab and start creating characters under tournament realm 1 or 2.

(my guess is since our submission is essay, so our 'registered' flag is set internally on the web account database; changing password externally will force an immediate update to our in-game account database, hence finally updated our 'registered' status in-game-wise, thus allowing us to select tournament tab...)

Thank you for the update and for contacting our support teams to get this cleared up with the work-around.