Please make pvp gear useless in pve

#1 - Jan. 21, 2011, 12:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
For the love of god, please.

PVP honour gear is easy to obtain and far better than what is dropping in normal instances, or even most entry level crafted things.
Reforging has made it even more viable for pve scrubs to queue up and afk in BG's so they can do better in heroics.

I'm tired of playing with these people. Give pvp gear an ilvl of 1. Make the stats useless against pve bosses (and remove pve bosses from BG's too please).

I want to play with people that want to do PVP, not people that want to go raid.

Also, let me get rep for guild and factions by wearing the tabard in BG's. It sucks massive richard that i have to run heroics to get my head enchant (which i have bought from my pve char and cant yet use as the requirments are bugged still) or that after weeks of play i'm still friendly with my guild because i dont want to run heroics.

Edit: just to clear up a few points that have popped up;

1. You cant ban PVE gear from BG's. People have to wear something if they want to gear up new chars. This is i have no problem with. PVP players if poorly geared at least try to win or do objectives.

2. The type of players that will do pvp for easy gear are doing it because they cant get it through pve. Its all very well saying you can do a hc in 30 minutes, but these players dont know their arse from their elbow. Read the dungeon forums and see them cry about spending hours trying to down one boss.

3. I kow that some people see that pvp gear is an upgrade- and a very valid upgrade at that. But it shouldnt be. It is free gear. The problem with honour is you get it wether you win or not. Leechers dont have to do anything apart from avoid the afk timer in BG's. I know that if you work hard for it, the gear comes faster, but its ebtirly possible to get gear by doing nothing at all.

4. The people that read these forums seem to be taking this personally. This wont affect people that read these forums, because the fact that your reading the pvp forums usually means you care about pvp. If leechers are in BG's just to get gear it benefits everyone to drop the excuse for them to be there to begin with.
Forum Avatar
Community
#39 - Jan. 24, 2011, 3:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In this case, you might be happy to read that this is being addressed in the next patch (currently being tested on the PTR realms).

From 4.0.6 PTR Patch Notes: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1652334
Items [...]
  • All PvP 4-piece bonuses have had their flat stat values cut in half. Primary stats are very powerful in Cataclysm, so much so that players were considering using PvP gear in PvE just because of these primary stat bonuses.

We are constantly monitoring gear usage both in PvE and PvP, and when we feel there are grounds for change (such as the one listed above), we make adjustments in order to address those concerns.

24/01/2011 9:42 AMPosted by Xanjori
Yeah sure some of your stats get wasted on resilience, but first up there is the higher ilevel on PvP gear, meaning it has more stats on it, second up there are the set bonuses that award 90/180 of your main stat, as well as the 4 set bonus which can be very good in some cases, oh and a couple of the glove bonuses arent bad either.
Forum Avatar
Community
#58 - Jan. 24, 2011, 4:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Actually, no. Resilience as a stat is something that can't be altered via reforging. This means that PvE gear can't be reforged into having resilience, and PvP gear can't have its' resilience lowered to increase damage, healing, or defense stats.

So lemme get this straight? Now people will get PVE gear and reforge that into PVP gear?
Forum Avatar
Community
#90 - Jan. 24, 2011, 8:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's not so much the fact that PvP gear is not allowed in instances or raids, it's more the fact that PvP gear (or its' set bonuses) should not be superior to equivalent PvE gear performance wise. If we look at the way raids are scaling, and minimum DPS requirements for raid content are tuned, a raid wearing a lot of PvP gear will find themselves short on damage and running into enrage timers unless a large amount of the raid out-gears the tier of the encounter. This is also part of the reasoning behind why resilience can't be reforged, as mentioned here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1549390919?page=3#58

Equally, if we look at the other threads being made on the forums here about how PvP gear is scaling in regards to resilience, there are theory crafters out there that speculate about very high levels of damage reduction in the late seasons of Cataclysm PvP gear. If PvP gear continues to scale its' damage reduction from other players as higher iLevel gear becomes available in the manner that is speculated upon, the survivability gap between PvE gear and PvP gear will only become wider as the expansion progresses, making PvE gear a whole lot less optimal than the doom and gloom prophesies we're seeing on the forums and in this thread.

Does this mean that it will be completely unthinkable that PvP players will not wear a single piece of PvE gear? Perhaps not, but when each item is yielding ~2% damage reduction each, it becomes a lot less desirable to give up that survivability for the opportunity of a "one-trick-pony" burst attack that, if failed, will pretty much guarantee a loss as the fight spans longer and the rules of attrition come into play.

24/01/2011 6:36 PMPosted by Ulv
PvE gear = OK in PvP
PvP gear = Not OK in PvE

Your casual playerbase wtb a piece of logic.
Forum Avatar
Community
#97 - Jan. 24, 2011, 10:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Well, it is hard to argue that you are "forced" to do PvP to enter heroics, though we do see where you're coming from with that comment, perhaps in regards to ilvl. Therefore you might be pleased to learn of the most recent changes that have gone into the PTR build today:

From: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1827663465?page=1#5
Dungeons & Raids
  • Level-85 normal dungeon bosses dropping Justice Points
  • Daily Random Normal Dungeon Justice Points reward doubled

We want players to have a smooth and enjoyable transition in gearing up for being viable in heroic instances, and hope that by making Justice Points a little more available for purchasing entry-level heroic gear, some of the concerns that players have brought up will be addressed.

24/01/2011 9:48 PMPosted by Tsun
I feel again be forced to do things i dont want like. We experienced in TBC (consider TBC easyer, you got something for 10 losses a week). In WoW are things which are needed to do even if you dont want to do them to be good raider (repgrinds, proffesions,farming for food/flasks) but to be forced to do PvP do be good at PvE is just totally wrong.

Please keep in mind though, that changes made on the PTR realm are subject to change at any given moment should we find that we changed too much, or too little :)