Blizzards thoughts on #'s of DK's.

#0 - May 9, 2008, 6:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
With the launch of WotLK we know that there will be a massive influx of DK characters across the board. We all know that not everyone will play them but that there are going to be A LOT of them.

This is drastically different then BC with Paladins and Shamans on opposite factions for many reasons. Starting at level 1 was a road block for many, especially with the old leveling experience. Secondly, many had played the 2 classes on the opposite faction already. I know I did and knew that I didnt like Shamans after playing one on the horde side.

Obviously other classes will get cool abilities but I just forsee the LFG channel being spammed like the original days of rogues when the game launched.

Wish you guys implemented a caster Hero also.
#5 - May 9, 2008, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
With the launch of WotLK we know that there will be a massive influx of DK characters across the board. We all know that not everyone will play them but that there are going to be A LOT of them.

This is drastically different then BC with Paladins and Shamans on opposite factions for many reasons. Starting at level 1 was a road block for many, especially with the old leveling experience. Secondly, many had played the 2 classes on the opposite faction already. I know I did and knew that I didnt like Shamans after playing one on the horde side.

Obviously other classes will get cool abilities but I just forsee the LFG channel being spammed like the original days of rogues when the game launched.

Wish you guys implemented a caster Hero also.

And the Deathknights will start in their special area at level 55 while you are off to Northrend at 70. The gap will keep the two apart for awhile but we do expect people to try out and the class and have fun with it.
#39 - May 9, 2008, 10:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's going to control itself.

Is anyone's guild going to progress if everyone's a Death Knight? Are you going to be able to get into a leveling dungeon run if everyone in LFG is a Death Knight? People that aren't serious about it are going to swap back pretty quickly and then maybe level one up later. It's going to control itself just through requirements of having a diverse set of classes running around.