Thank you Blizzard

#0 - May 9, 2008, 2:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Well, I'm probably about to get flamed within an inch of my life. But I just saw mmo-champion, and the new tidbits on the raiding scene in WoTLK. And I have to say - I have never been more thrilled in my wow career. This is incredible.

At this point, probably everybody is going to my armory, finding things to flame, nitpicking over every gear choice i have made - and let me save you the trouble. Yes, my arena teams suck. Yes, my gear is terribad. Yes, I am captain Karazhan. I wasn't always. I was once one of you guys though - this is my new character. I was in Naxx back before TBC, and thoroughly enjoyed it. On my old raiding main, I was in BT back when it was impressive. I hated PvP, and mocked all the "idiots" that flocked to it for the free gear that I was extremely resentful towards. Frankly, WoW had taken over my life, and I was an elitist.

The problem with raiding, is that it takes a lot of people. It is almost impossible for those 25 people to be friends with one another - it is almost impossible to get people to agree on gear. Backstabbing results, along with tiers of players, dkp woes, guild drama, etc etc etc. I got tired of being screwed over by loot council. Because I couldn't make wednesday nights, I was considered a lesser player, and on nights that I did show up I was often told to wait outside - you know, in case they needed me. Woe betide me if I left my spot at the summoning stone! It wasn't because I was bad (I led the DPS charts even in less than spectacular gear), it was because I couldn't dedicate my life to WoW.

Then I realized - WOW IS A FVCKING GAME. I will say it again. WOW IS A FVCKING G A M E. Why was I letting myself get so bent out of shape over the idiots that I had to deal with just to do my favorite part of the game - PvE?

So my IRL friends and I rerolled on a different server as Alliance. We leveled slowly, taking time to check out all the 5 mans, helping each other out best we could. At first it was just 7 of us, but more people joined us as time went on (every person in my guild I know IRL - some of them are even family members). We just recently hit 70, and it's been the most fun I've had yet. You'd be surprised the difference it makes when you are actually friends with your guildmates. Karazhan has been a blast, and we're starting ZA. The downside is, those that hadn't seen raid content really want to experience it - but they can't in a smaller, tightknit guild. So they leave. Bah.

So I guess I'm rambling on, and just really excited over the fact that we'll be able to stay together in the expansion. I could care less that the gear will be a tier lower - after all, you can't use it in PvP anyway, right? I'm thrilled about being able to see the rest of Naxx with my brother and some of my best friends. I can't wait to actually see Arthas. Screw gear, here's to having fun and to tight knit guilds being able to stick together and actually experience the game!

Thanks Blizzard.

And now I'm about to get flamed within an inch of my life. /cringe
#23 - May 9, 2008, 4:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Not a flame directed at you. The only thing that really pisses me off about this news is the fact that Blizzard is still not listening as far as gear looks. I remember pre-tbc it was so cool seeing someone with dark edge of insanity or someone in their rank 14 gear (before it was purchased with honor). I liked it when you could tell the difference between a pvper, pver or someone who ran just 5 mans. Made each accomplishment seem more important, rather than now where we get to squint at someone and say to ourselves "is that mauve pvp gear or light pink pve gear?".

We're working on creating unique PvP and PvE sets for Wrath in terms of raiding and the arena gear.