Blizzard, is that it?

#0 - July 9, 2008, 6:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Is that it? Are you really not going to fix mages in WOTLK.
I went to Game stop today in Seattle and asked if they were going to have a midnight release. They siad " Were really not sure about WOTLK or how it will do therefore we cannot confirm a Midnight release." I started thinking about my own mage and how the Class has been totally neglected........ I went ahead and put a Down deposit on WOTLK but I must say I'm a little scared for my class and the game in general, and it's future.
#2 - July 9, 2008, 6:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
In addition to class balance adjustments, each class will get a host of new talents and spells. A fix would imply something is broken. What you're looking for, I believe, are improvements to the class. Improvements are in the works and will go through rigorous Beta testing before Wrath of the Lich King ships.
#26 - July 9, 2008, 6:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

This man speaks the very truth, they are the most useless thing I have ever witnessed, right up there with detect invisibility

You don't want the extraneous dispellable buff which also works great for certain aspects of PvE? Pfft.
#44 - July 9, 2008, 7:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Past failure doesnt guarantee future failure. However, there is a huge track record of class imbalancing that worries most. I hope you do fix it but I feel you will just bring more of the same.

Thank you for your insights, Popcornfart.

One should not expect perfect balance from such a wide-ranging, variant game. Carefully scripted PvE encounters, terrain, PvP randomness, talents, gear, etc all come into play. Class balance will remain in a constant state of evolution. Anyone who would suggest that we do not recognize a particular imbalance with any class should also likely suggest we're perfectly happy with class balance as it stands. That's not entirely true. Things will change quite a bit for the expansion as we continue to create and test new features for each class.
#134 - July 9, 2008, 4:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Again, what I'm taking from this is that "balancing" will take place in WotLK to fix the imbalances that occurred in BC. Basically, you are creating self purpose in each expansion. New dungeons and a battleground seem to be extras.

Anytime new abilities, spells, and talents are added into the game, more balancing will need to occur. The expansion gives a perfect opportunity to both add to the game as well as improve aspects that we feel could be improved. If we were to stop seeking to do better and improve the game, it would grow stagnant.
#138 - July 9, 2008, 4:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Still going to leave hunters out to dry in this x-pack? They've gone through the entire thing so far as the crappiest Arena class and you folks don't even pretend to care. Fix hunters. Or don't, I'll just keep leveling this guy and easy mode my way to s4 epics.

All classes are getting additional changes and additions. That includes Hunters. While I understand your desire to express your frustration, the way you are doing it isn't the most constructive or productive way to do so.
#148 - July 9, 2008, 4:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Then is it possible to locate an ideal hunter post and address their concerns? Or is posting another skill added to arenas to the hunters' deficiencies?

It's not possible to release much in the way of information just yet. Though, I believe more did come out of the Worldwide Invitational that might help some. We'll be able to start discussing more before too much longer.
#151 - July 9, 2008, 4:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hey, anyone remember those sticky'd feedback threads in every forum?

Heh heh.

Yep. We still check on them and already forwarded a lot of feedback awhile back. Keep in mind, we may not agree with everyone's feedback, but that doesn't mean we aren't taking it into consideration in some way.
#155 - July 9, 2008, 4:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth, another point here. I'm irritated that, just like when info started leaking for BC, hunters are one of the last classes to see talents. I feel like my class is put on the back burner and thrown together at the last minute.

Throughout TBC, it seems Blizzard has been ignoring the elephant in the room that is the screwed up shot mechanics. Supposedly this will be fixed. It remains to be seen. (Another fun one is haste is supposed to be good no matter what your attack speed. Unless you're a hunter and it drops below 1.5 seconds + your latency. Then it hurts your dps.)

I understand you feel this way, but I can assure you, Hunters have been a topic of discussion more than a couple of times. Many classes feel they are the elephant in the room, but I can tell you, no one is being ignored and no one is being left out. Some issues are more complex or take more time than others.