Harassed in game for days, need help

#1 - Jan. 14, 2011, 11:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello.

I've been having a problem the last couple of days with a guild member of mine. I will not reveal that person's character or mine because I feel extremely ashamed over what happened and I hope this wonderful community will understand.

It all started on Wednesday night, I was raiding with my guild which have been part of for about a year and we were having alot of fun. At one point the topic in vent drifted to a more... inappropriate subject, but fear not since there were no children listening. Everyone was talking about how many people shave downstairs. Being the outspoken person that I am I said that I personally do and that probably a good percentage of the population does too.

That's when it all started, I know it was my fault for saying that, but then I get whispered from someone in the guild, who I thought was a good friend of mine. She began to talk extremely inappropriate, even more so than what was discussed on vent. I asked her to stop and she did for a while.

The next day however, it was horrible. I had to put her on ignore but she kept making new characters. I couldn't do any random dungeons, I was underperforming and kept getting kicked. How could I play when she was telling me repeatedly how she wanted me to rub her feet on the beach and then give her a poke through the whiskers? What the HELL does that even mean?!

Reporting her didn't work, spoke with different GM's and they all said they will take care of it. But they didn't do anything and I even think one of them was laughing at me. Good job, great support.

Having so many friends on the server, I hesitated to migrate to another one. I'm not sure, can anyone give me any hints? Should I leave?

Thank you.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#44 - Jan. 14, 2011, 8:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I on the other hand do know if it's a troll post or not.

However, echoing what Shammoz has already said, in-game harassment of any kind is very serious and we will investigate all reports and take the appropriate actions.

Due to the nature of this thread and the fact that the player has been given advice on what to do, I am locking it.