Hunter Nerfs/Buffs.

#1 - Jan. 12, 2011, 12:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Sup Devs, one of your Blues informed the DD forums today that you guys are gonna make Cobra Shot and Steady Shot scale with haste as a super-awesome buff to make up for the fact that you gave us a ton of over-the-top damage nerfs to "compensate" for the "buff" provided by fixing a bug in Hunting Party that was giving us very slightly lower focus regen, and since you've fixed that bug we now have very slightly higher focus regen, and although that would've had absolutely zero effect on our PVE rotation or DPS if you knew anything about how SV DPS rotations worked, and every other class in the game was affected by the same bug from the same buff, I can see where this was definitely warranted.

Now, I'm glad we're getting haste scaling to make up for the absolute raρe of our only viable PVE tree, but I thought you guys should know that there's actually a current bug/exploit on Live where haste already affects our shot speed and has for the last two+ years, can you hotfix to remove this scaling so that when we get that scaling in 4.0.6, it seems like the buff you're making it out to be?

Thanks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - Jan. 12, 2011, 1:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We made a code change to alter the way haste works for hunters. It should now be a much more favorable stat. We're looking to provide more technical details to explain these changes soon.

I'll concede that the patch notes don't accurately describe this behavior. It's not as simple as adding haste to two abilities that didn't previously have it (because that's not exactly correct). We'll work on the wording for the next update to the notes.

01/11/2011 4:49 PMPosted by Razze
More clarification on the haste thing would be nice :)

Maybe there was a bug in the way it scaled?