what bugs were fixed? (pvp specifically)

#1 - Jan. 6, 2011, 10:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
so from what i saw, the bug fixes in the patch notes simply said "Many bugs... handled them!". that's not a very helpful list, blizzard. it sort of defeats the point of patch notes, and makes it harder to ensure bugs actually get fixed. what if one of the bugs you thought you fixed still exists? we'd end up not reporting it on the PTR because it's a known issue on live and you said nothing to us about it supposedly being fixed.

does anyone know what bugs were fixed? of particular interest to me are those affecting arenas- namely the ring of valor crash, the ring of valor immobile pet glitch, the ring of valor 'spawning above elevator before match starts' glitch, and the ring of valor 'falling under the map' glitch.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Jan. 6, 2011, 10:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The patch notes for 4.0.6 are far from complete. We'll be updating them frequently during the testing process so you know what to look out for and test.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Jan. 6, 2011, 10:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/06/2011 2:46 PMPosted by Xisa
Did you fix the bug where Frost Mages can kite all melee classes indefinitely and overpower them without any effort?

I didn't see that bugfix in there.

Would you consider this a useful way to provide feedback -- reporting balance feedback as a bug and asking if it's been fixed? It's really not.

You'd be doing everyone a favor if you dropped the snarky tone and posted constructive criticism with as much detail as possible. I'd appreciate it anyway.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#45 - Jan. 7, 2011, 12:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The Public Test Realms are not yet live: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384

01/06/2011 3:03 PMPosted by Gëtmastiffd
Can you guys ATLEAST fix the PTR client so i can use the dang thing?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#99 - Jan. 7, 2011, 2:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/06/2011 5:26 PMPosted by Metabomb

Would you consider this a useful way to provide feedback -- reporting balance feedback as a bug and asking if it's been fixed? It's really not.

You'd be doing everyone a favor if you dropped the snarky tone and posted constructive criticism with as much detail as possible. I'd appreciate it anyway.

Heres some feedback for you. You gave rogues survivability instead of damage. You then nerf survivability and then only buff combat. What about subtlety or assassination? Subtlety has damage problems besides spamming ambush in shadow dance, and assassination has absolutely no mobility. BOTH of these are completely destroyed by any classes abilities.

I have been stun locked by warlocks and warriors. Kited by mages, hunters, and boomkin. Helpless against DK's with immunity to stun and then they turn around and stun me with their pet and then destroy me. Pretty much the only class I never had trouble with is shadow priests.

Wheres the rogue help? You have nerfed us over and over again. To the point we can't even be creative anymore. In BC our only chance for survival was stunning the hell out of everything through AR/Prep. You nerfed that. We had all of our stuns put on EVERY SINGLE STUNS DIMINISHING RETURN. If we stun after a hammer of justice, charge, intercept, warlock pet charge, throwdown, druids version of cheapshot, or ANYTHING our stun duration is reduced.

You want feedback? There is your %!*%ing feedback

Metabomb, this is actually an acceptable way to provide feedback. If that's as constructive as you can be given your frustration, I'll totally take it. I'd suggest dropping the last two lines though. It changes the tone of your entire post from criticism to spite.

This thread also shouldn't be the catch-all thread to provide balance feedback, particularly on the Public Test Realm forum. Individual issues or concerns should have dedicated threads so cohesive discussions can take place. I am surely to blame for letting the thread come to this though, so I'll concede that. ;)