Daze (Hopefully, a Blue will read)

#1 - Dec. 28, 2010, 5:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll keep this short, cause I could easily go into /rant mode about it.

I'm not bashing the game, I clearly still play. It's fun...

However, at this point, Daze serves absolutely no purpose but to act as an annoyance.

The penalties for dying are so minimal, they may as well not exist at all. And the mobs are so nerfed/weak, that you can literally run through dozens of them as a cloth wearer, and still not die... While doing nothing but auto-running.

That said, there's nothing more aggravating than running/riding to your next quest, zone, or objective... Only to be dazed and knocked off your mount. It does nothing. It just slows you down, and aggravates you. More often than not, I'm dazed because I'm trying to gather more mobs to kill. That's right... I'm trying to create a more difficult and challenging fight by adding more mobs to it, and daze just makes that harder.

The developers have already nerfed the ease of leveling in this game to skill sets so low, you can literally level on auto attack alone... Please, for the love of God, just remove daze. It has no place in the game anymore.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#27 - Dec. 28, 2010, 6:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Granted, there are plenty of creatures out there that provide a completely trivial challenge for your character in terms of power/level which can daze you. Even still, knowing how to path around hostile creatures (or now fly over them) seems like it should be somewhat meaningful. It's not that hard to avoid being hit by creatures while mounted, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have to care at all about where you're going.

Regardless of level, the world should still feel alive and present some sort of threat, even if that threats merely involves slowing you down en route to your destination.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - Dec. 28, 2010, 7:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't really follow the logic that you feel it's unnecessary that you can't just gather as many mobs on you as possible in an area with no threat of being knocked off your mount, or slowed down while running. Should it really be considered an inconvenience that a bunch of mobs striking you can do nothing to slow you down? It seems like you could then apply the term "inconvenience" to a lot of aspects of gameplay, but at the end of the day removing those inconveniences would start to dull down the game.

This is all well and good, but I also mentioned the other irritating factor is when I'm trying to "round up" mobs. I probably get dazed more doing this than just running through them on my way to another destination... Especially since I tend to round up mobs more at max level, when I already have a flying mount to avoid them altogether.

It's nothing but annoying when I've got 5+ mobs, with my dots all stacked on them or what have you, and I turn to go round up another group... and I start craaaaaaaaaaaaawling towards them like a snail.

And despite me saying it's all well and good above, it just seems weak to me to defend daze as "making the world feel more alive." And that pathing around mobs is "meaningful." Not trying to be snide, I just don't follow that logic.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#50 - Dec. 28, 2010, 7:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/27/2010 11:09 PMPosted by Felendren
Btw Zaryhym is it against the rules to ask you about one thread in another thread?

If that happened I didn't notice. I just saw this thread and felt like diving in. ;)

12/27/2010 11:10 PMPosted by Prudence
If we remove everything that's generally considered irritating from this game we'd all be playing pong.

As much as I try to refrain from slippery slope arguments, this is my basic point.