Maybe a Hotfix required?

#1 - Dec. 19, 2010, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Not to sure if I am in the correct forum to create this thread but couldnt find were to post it or if it has been posted prior to this.

The problem that i believe needs correcting or some information on is regarding the paladin tank. Dont worry this isnt a winje or a QQ thread just a quiery, as i believe all things seem to be balanced.

Anyway let me get to the point, the talent Sacred Duty has a 50% chance to make your next shield of Righteous a critical strike (great idea) with judgments. Once this has procced the paladin will recieve a red judgment buff. This is were the problem lays, if the paladin hits he gets a critical strike and losses his 3 points of WoG. But if the paladin gets a miss, dodge or parry he losses this proc but keeps the 3 points of WoG. I dont think that we should lose the buff due to a miss, dodge or parry, and if it is meant to be this way should'nt there be a clue in the talent description? Maybe just a small hot fix required? Either way would like to know the info on this please. Thanks and merry Xmas
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#10 - Dec. 22, 2010, 4:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My apologies for the late response to your post Merciess I can appreciate that you are keen on finding out whether this is an issue or not.

To answer your question, should Sacred Duty proc, it makes the next Shield of the Righteous a critical hit. Regardless of whether you hit or miss with Shield of the Righteous, this ability is only available for a short period of time. You should only lose holy power when the attack lands.

Simply put, Shield of the Righteous will only consume holy power if it actually connects, but the proc always only influences the next Shield of the Righteous cast, regardless of it scoring a hit or not.

Foshizzlé in regards to your post, are you sure that the proc was active when you struck?

If you wish to discuss this matter further, then you are very welcome to post on our Paladin forum here. :)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874793/