Okay you guys are full of it

#1 - Dec. 20, 2010, 10:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
HEROICS ARE HARD! i dont care what you self righteous fools think, and they should be nerfed in dmg by 25% for this month.

ive tried 6 times to do stonecore, the same [[stuff]] happens OVER AND OVER we wipe 6 times getting to the boss, then wipe on the first boss and everyone leaves and YES we CC and YES im a good dps,

like dont give me this "theyre not hard" crap we all know they are difficult.

EDIT: I apologize for this thread completley, i didint realize when i posted it how stupid it was and how many people it would upset. i even made the clynical britt get mad at me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOH8gLz8YUU <---- 3:10 lol

yeah, i was just having a bad day and i really didint think it through, please forgive me and have some restraint will ya!

I really wish a Blue would delete this. im getting ingame whispers saying "you cant handle vanilla wow style, scrub? you think dungeons are tough? you suck at life just quit the game" every thread i make or post on gets trolled by it... :(

please delete this thread!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#101 - Dec. 21, 2010, 2:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/20/2010 2:39 PMPosted by CyntharHEROICS ARE HARD!

They can be, sure, but I encourage you to stick with them!

With time, practice, and gear, players should find that they can survive a bit longer each pull, do more damage, and react quicker to important stimuli (like Corborus' shards). That said, even as players improve, they may not always one-shot the bosses, and that's okay. Heroic dungeons are meant to be challenging, particularly during this initial stage of learning.

12/20/2010 2:49 PMPosted by Cynthari just wanna get some tips.

In many cases, in order for a Heroic dungeons group to be successful, everyone will need to work together. So, my best piece of advice to any player -- and one that I always try to follow myself -- is to consistently bring your A-game. "A-game" is really just a catchy buzzword that means "pull your own weight when and wherever possible" and, to a smaller degree, “always have fun!” Even if you’re just looking for one item, entering dungeons with the right attitude and outlook can make a huge difference.

Here are just a few thoughts you may want to consider:

• If you're having trouble adapting to a fight's mechanics, ask for help: talk to a guild mate who's more familiar with the fight or refer to online material. We all process information differently and you may find that you're able to understand your role in a boss fight better by reading, or by having a discussion with a friend.

• Try to do all that you can to optimize your gear. Even if you don't have a lot of time to play, you're still very empowered and can do a lot to increase your character's potency. For example, you might consider enchanting and gemming your Superior gear, reforging, or purchasing 333 - 359 iLevel items from reputation quartermasters. While quest greens and PvP gear may be functional, if you can replace those slots with PvE blues or purples that are tailored to your role, you'll probably be in a better position overall.

• Don't write off normal dungeons completely. Even if you're eligible for Heroic dungeons, getting practice on tamer versions of various bosses can be invaluable. It can help increase your comfort level with the encounter, as well as your knowledge of the mechanics.

This is just the tip of iceberg, of course, but hopefully it can provide some inspiration for how to keep the ball rolling.

12/20/2010 2:51 PMPosted by Cyntharall i want is to get that stupid sword, i dont wanna spend 20000 hours playing just to get geared for heroics to grab a stupid sword that im going to pvp with for a week. like wtf

Let’s reverse roles for a bit. I love running Heroic dungeons, but I also like to PvP. I want to be able to purchase a strong PvP weapon, but I don’t yet have the Conquest points to do so. As a result, I’ll need to participate in Rated Battlegrounds and/or Arena matches. Even if I just want one weapon, to get there, I’d need to get a respectable amount of lower-tier PvP gear, brush up on my tactics, and play the battles to earn it. The PvE game is much the same way.

Just like in real life, the gameplay world often involves choices, and you seem to be faced with one here. If you want the sword in question, you can invest in Heroic dungeons and their respective challenges; however, if that’s not an ideal situation for you, then you can always explore alternative weapon options. That's a decision only you can make, though. :)

(Have you checked out Hellscream's Reach, by chance?)