Hidden Blues Among Us?

#1 - Dec. 16, 2010, 10:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I had a thought earlier. We know Blizz employees play the game. How often do they log in on their hidden layman accounts and play on the forums?

Is that draenei asking for a priest buff an incognito Blue? What about that troll who is, er, trollin' you? That tauren who loves the new heroic dungeons, but hates uppity dps?

Do they log on their "civilian" accounts, so to speak, to say the things they would never dare say in their Blue uniform?

You are also aware of your breathing. Right now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#60 - Dec. 17, 2010, 10:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We don't post on our play accounts. If I want to give feedback to the developers about my play experience, I do the same thing I do when I'm compiling player feedback from the forums. I email them directly. And I wouldn't dare troll these forums and create more work for our moderators. ;)

But yes, we do play on normal accounts with standard character names. I've been playing five different characters since patch 4.0.3a launched, some on PvP realms and some on PvE realms.

Low-level: troll hunter, worgen druid, goblin shaman

80+: gnome warlock, undead death knight
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#69 - Dec. 17, 2010, 10:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/17/2010 2:32 PMPosted by Belorion
Low-level: troll hunter, worgen druid, goblin shaman

80+: gnome warlock, undead death knight

Ha! THREE Horde and TWO Alliance. I think we've broken this favoritism issue wide open.

I prepared myself emotionally and mentally for this comment as I typed my character list. :p

Mind you I have other characters, but these are the ones I've been actively playing since The Shattering.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#76 - Dec. 17, 2010, 10:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm in ur Heroics
healin' ur doods
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#85 - Dec. 17, 2010, 10:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So its entirely possible that one of my toons has pugged with or even friended a blue?

You have now entered the Twilight zone.

Always possible. I help people all the time. I already maxed (level-wise) one character. I need to finish up my DK, shaman and just started my rogue. I also have other characters I plan to work on.

Yes, we are indeed among you. Quietly... like ninjas... unless we're in a pirate costumes... then we're among you like pirates, but the really cool kind of pirates with parrots on our shoulders...
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#102 - Dec. 17, 2010, 10:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/17/2010 2:49 PMPosted by Salfiertjust wondering how many blues are in guilds that have no idea that they have a blue amongst them, or even how many friends you have who don't know about your secret identity?

or if any blues are in a guild that know they have a blue with them?

I'd say pretty much all of the above for all of us. We try to experience the game in as many different ways as possible. So while it's fun to play with friends at times, we also want to get our fair share of being in random guilds with random people who treat us as normal players. The interesting times are when we see complaints in guild chat about community managers. I usually just rip on Zarhym while laughing to myself. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#104 - Dec. 17, 2010, 11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Oh... I'd also like to add that I'm usually that low-level character who accepts invites from random guilds. It's always fun to see where it'll go!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#111 - Dec. 17, 2010, 11:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/17/2010 3:04 PMPosted by EdworgcullenBashiok plays on my server. I know this because half the server's banned.

Naw. Only scrubs play on Boulderfist. oooooooooh snnnnnaaaaayyyyyaaaaap.

OH NO I DI'INT
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#137 - Dec. 18, 2010, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Arent all your (you as in the "blues") names known? What happened when real ID was introduced? Did any of your friends put 2 and 2 together?

I don't have any Real ID friends who didn't already know where I work. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#142 - Dec. 18, 2010, 12:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post

You posted inside the quote? O_o

There's a bug with triple quotes. IT'S HURTING MY BRAIN.